Naturals/Texturized - Recommendations 4 moisture??

sweettrini

Hi everyone,

I am newly texturized (yeah!!) and love it but I am looking for recommendations to moisturize my hair but not leave it feeling greasy (ie. that jheri curl feel). The only thing that has worked for me so far is the Curly Buttercreme. I have a sample that was given to me after my consultation. My hair feels well moisturized and my curls are defined after using it but at $48.00/jar, it's well beyond my budget.
shocked.gif

What do you use ?? Also how much do you use say, after a wash?? I find that I have to use lots of product to have my hair feel mositurized as opposed to when I was relaxed, a little went a long way. Any suggestions welcomed!! Thanks.
look.gif

I use M.O.M. I think it's by this company called African Royal. I don't have to use a lot of it. Avocado butter is good to use too and it doesn't have that greasy feeling to it.

Lately, I've been spritzing with a combination of water (mostly)/glycerin (about 1 tablespoon)/African Royale Daily Doctor/Infusium 23 (Moisturizing or color treated/permed formula). I only added the Daily Doctor because I have it. Once it's gone, I may just use the other 3 products only.
I have a couple of pictures in my most current photos showing my hair air-dried after using it.

I spritz lightly after doing a condition wash or on days that I don't condition wash.

Once again curlycurl your hair looks gorgeous! I got my hair texturized by the same guy as Trini. He did a good job and he used the Keracare products. They made my hair look good but I had a kind of Jherri curl feel for the first day. I will definately try you suggestion as I have all the ingredients you listed. I promise I will post pics soon!

Thanks! Can't wait to see some pics! My hair looks shiny, but it's definitely touchable, soft and non-greasy. Those products work for me.
smile.gif

Also, NO shampoo is one of the keys for me. No matter how moisturizing a shampoo is supposed to be, it never comes close to using conditioner to wash. IMO

Back