Naturals Texlax Yay or Nay!

bgyrl

Ok so I am tired of dealing with my 4b hair. It is really hard to maintain so I am thinking about texlaxing. Each time I moisturize my hair and give it extra care it breaks and I am fed up with it. It won't grow for nothing because of my coils. And I am fed up with getting braids because I am running from my hair type.

So for those of you who have texlaxed and for those of you who didn't or thought about it please give me your input?

Depends on what you value for you. I spend a lot of time on my natural hair, but my hair is healthier than it ever was with a relaxer/texturizer. Meanwhile, there are some women here with hair that is thriving and relaxed bone straight.

IMO, If your natural hair is already a little past shoulder length then you shouldn't have trouble with protective styling to curb the breakage. But, if you miss the swang and relative ease of straighter hair - go for the texturizer.

Last edited:
I'm a die hard natural (as far as chemicals go). Too much room for error with those texlaxers. I've seen some beautiful results but I know I'd mess something up. I trust hairstylists even less than I trust my own hair-challenged self. Plus I'm too lazy for upkeep. I agree with the post above. It's all about what's easier for you. I get frustrated with my 4a but I'll be dealing with it until the end of time. Chemicals scare me.:look:

I'm a die hard natural (as far as chemicals go). Too much room for error with those texlaxers. I've seen some beautiful results but I know I'd mess something up. I trust hairstylists even less than I trust my own hair-challenged self. Plus I'm too lazy for upkeep. I agree with the post above. It's all about what's easier for you. I get frustrated with my 4a but I'll be dealing with it until the end of time. Chemicals scare me.:look:

I agree. I thought about texturizing mainly because of shrinkage but I decided not to. I couldn't bring myself to even buy the box. I haven't really had any problems with my hair. And hopefully I won't as it gets longer. *Crosses fingers* That and I'm afraid of chemicals. I would be terribly upset if I texturized/texlaxed and ended up jacking my hair up in the process. And then would have to BC all over again. I don't even think I'd go through with it. I'd just relax my hair bone straight and call it a day. Same thing if I burned all my hair straight. It's just not worth it to me. OP, only you know what you can tolerate when it comes to your hair. But just remember that texlaxing is a big step and if it's not done right, you could end up with problems.

Last edited:
Back