Naturals: Straight Flyaways?

that_1_grrrl

I was wondering if any other naturals notice straight flyaways in their hair? I have these strands of hair that are almost straight, and I can't figure out what is going on with them.

Are they just severely damaged hair?

:yep: I noticed this @ the beginning of my journey. I just chalk it up to GOD's awesome sense of humour! Over the past 2 yrs of hair care I have come to know that these hairs are not damaged. Through repeated trims and consistent DCing they still grow str8, strong & smooth. These str8 hairs are not in a particular spot on my head it's kinda random & sprinkled through out! I've got nappy patches with 2 str8 hairs in the middle LOL!

I expect the feel, texture & look of my hair to change dramatically (for the better) with continued care, but I don't ever expect completely uniformed textured hair.

:yep: I noticed this @ the beginning of my journey. I just chalk it up to GOD's awesome sense of humour! Over the past 2 yrs of hair care I have come to know that these hairs are not damaged. Through repeated trims and consistent DCing they still grow str8, strong & smooth. These str8 hairs are not in a particular spot on my head it's kinda random & sprinkled through out! I've got nappy patches with 2 str8 hairs in the middle LOL!

I expect the feel, texture & look of my hair to change dramatically (for the better) with continued care, but I don't ever expect completely uniformed textured hair.

Yeah, that's how they are on my head too. No matter what I do (although, I've never tried trimming them), they're still straight.

I have to think God was having a lot of fun when he made the human body.

I've noticed this too & mine are sprinkled throughout my 4a/b hair as well.

I am at the being of my natural hair journey so I just figured maybe it would change later on.

I don't think it's damage. I had them before heat ever touched my natural hair and have them now. I have some bone straight. Not sure except like another person said "God's sense of humour"?? :lol:

Ditto - I feel the same.

Yah it may be heat damaged hair. Try lowering your flat iron to a lower setting and flat ironing and smaller pieces.. and don't over do it :yep: I have a bunch of my head.. eventually I'm gonna have to cut them off :wallbash:

Not damage. I even have these when I had freshly-cut TWAs. :grin: I believe I have ALL the textures somewhere on my head, lol.

My friend pointed this out to me this morning! I don't see them often but I know it's not from heat damage. (I never straighten my hair).

Discodumpling said it best. It's just random.

I have straight flyaways too, but they are not damaged. I've always had them from the time I BC-ed. They are very strong too :).

I have them all over, and had them before I ever used heat. Sometimes it cracks me up to see a straight shed hair next to a curly "o" next to an s-shaped strand.

Good to hear this! I was just planning to start a thread about this because I have a couple of straight pieces all over my head that I traced to my root, and that's just how they grow in. Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

Back