Naturals...Question Pls

Sherbetcane

i am trying as much as possible to get, not frizzy, shiny second day hair...My hair looks so dull on the second day i have to cowash everyday.
this is my routine...
1. Cowash with Jasons Biotin Condish OR L'occitane Aromachologie Condish

2. Apply Elucence Moisture Balance or Kinky Curly Knot mixed with Sweet Almond Oil

3. Apply a pea amount of Qhemets Hydrating Balm to seal.

Sometimes i apply Kinky Curly Custard mixed with Qhemets Honeybush Gel or the Califa Pudding if i want more curl definition...
My hair stays soft, shiny and moisturized on day one...Second day hair lacks the shine, looks dull,frizzy not how i want it.

Is it normal for natural hair or maybe i am not doing something right?
I'd like to know how u guys take care of second say hair..plz

Oh and i wear a slik bonnet to bed at night...:yep:

thanks alot in advance

I'm not a natural (I'm a transitioner), but I think your problem is that you aren't sealing. QB Hydrating Balm is a moisturizer, not an oil, so I don't think it can be used to seal correctly.

Try sealing with EVOO or EVCO, and see what happens.

Are you using a leave-in before the Kinky Curly? When using KCCC it takes a lot of trial and error to get the right consistency but using a leave-in underneath is very important. Also, how are you applying the products? I know for me to get my wash n go to last product application is crucial. I have to rake the product in sections and make sure I dont neglect the thicker areas that are harder to get to. The next day I just spritz with my water bottle and scrunch in some oil and I'm good to go. HTH.

I agree with sealing after you apply your moisturizer.

Also, on day 2 maybe try applying some coconut oil or a serum so it won't look dull?

I dunno

What do you do on the 2nd day? I love 2nd day hair. When I use Kinky Curly custard I apply on day 1 and mist in the shower on days 2, 3, 4. My curls are much better defined then.

If you're not opposed to mineral oil, then go grab some good old fashioned ultraSheen blue grease. Your hair will bling.

If you are opposed then try some Bee Mine Bee Loved.

I pretty much agree with everything written and I also think maybe you need to clarify your hair. That sounds like alot of product you're putting on your hair. It may seem dull because it's coated.

Back