Naturals on the bun challenge!!

FrizzMizz

Are there any naturals who are doing the bun challenge. My ends are prone to drying and the weather is getting severely cold.

I guess I'm wondering if you're having problems fitting the big ole puff into a ponytail. LOLOLOL

Any other tips, comments, or questions welcomed.

I put my hair in a bun while it is wet and fresh out of the shower.

This is basically what I do:

1.Squeeze water out of my hair.
2.Apply conditioner as a leave-in (Right now I am using B2B Conconut Mango).
3.Apply hair oil(either Hairobics or Herbal Oil).
4.Pull hair back into a ponytail.
5. Braid ponytail.
6. Apply more conditioner and oil (sometimes I also add Bed Head Split Ends).
7. Wrap braid around and use a Good Day hair pin to pin down.
8. My hair is frizzy/fuzzy. If I am not in the mood to see that I will apply Ampro Clear Ice and tie down.

HTH

I am such a /images/graemlins/newbie.gif in trying to figure this all out. I am thinking about using plastic caps and scarves. What are you using right now?

I'm a natural doing the bun challenge! I just started 2 days ago after finding out my hair can fit into 2 buns! This style is so much easier and quicker than other natural styles like two strand twists and shake-n-gos. This challenge will help me cut down on all the manipulation I've done over the past 22 months of being natural so far.

Each week, I will wash with CON shampoo and detangle my hair thoroughly in two sections. After detangling, I'll rinse out the shampoo, apply conditioner and/or moisturizer and/or oil, and slick each side into a bun. Then I tie a satin scarf around my hair to lay down the frizzies and to airdry. This whole process only takes 5-10 mins! Throughout the week, I'll spray distilled water on the two buns for moisture. I will do this routine until I can fit my hair into one bun. I can't wait! :weird:

Last edited:
I'm bumping this old thread to say "thanks" to Poohbear. I love the regimen you described--the two buns on either side. I've done this in the past when I'm running errands, but I never thought of doing it daily as a part of the wet bun/growth success many women on the board have.

My hair is just about APL and extremely thick, so I've always had a challenge trying to get all my hair into one bun, but I think the two bun thing will be my style all summer.

I plan on re-doing the buns every 3 days or so and that's it!

Tallnomad~
i'm doing a co'wash'n'go bun and i do this maybe every other day, depending on my time, how my bun feels...i don't detangle, i use my shower comb to lightly smooth my hair and gather it into a bun on top of my head, apply a little leave-in and tie down with a scarf, within minutes my hair is smooth, waves are shining and i'm done!

i am going to do this for the next few weeks to lay off of heat until father's day - then i'll get my hair done for the dh....his treat :spinning:. i'm trying to go no heat/low heat for the summer....just a few passes for vacation, 4th of july, etc...

I'm bumping this old thread to say "thanks" to Poohbear. I love the regimen you described--the two buns on either side. I've done this in the past when I'm running errands, but I never thought of doing it daily as a part of the wet bun/growth success many women on the board have.

My hair is just about APL and extremely thick, so I've always had a challenge trying to get all my hair into one bun, but I think the two bun thing will be my style all summer.

I plan on re-doing the buns every 3 days or so and that's it!

Back