naturals- jheri curl cap

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Do you think wearing a jheri curl cap (or the little clear plastic bag that you deep condition with) at night will keep the moisture in the hair or pull the product out making it dry soon after you remove the bag...just an idea. I thought maybe this could cut down on CO washes and keep the hair moisturized over night so we could just fluff and go in the morning...anybody ever tried it?

I have heard people say it works well for them. I've never tried it because I don't like the squishy sound and I know it would fall off of my head
laugh.gif

Not natural, but heck yeah it works. I just put a ton of moisturizer on my dry hair beforehand
smile.gif
When I wake up my hair feels so silky..

Yeah? I've tried it before, but my conditioner seems to be lining the cap when I take it off...I'll try again, but with my hair a little drier maybe!?

[ QUOTE ]
Divastate said:
There's a thread on this let me see if I can find it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
OH, thanks sooo much..I didn't even think to search for that!!

Ok I thought there was a overnight moisturizer thread- but all the threads I could find are overnight conditioners.

Sleep with Conditioner in Hair

Overnight Conditioning

But I do think using a moisturizer with a plastic cap overnight could work very well for natural hair. I hadn't given it any thought but years ago when I had a curl I grew my hair out pretty quickly by using a curl moisturizer and a plastic cap every night (transitioned from the curl and eventually relaxed). Currently I don't sleep with a plastic cap but I do saturate my hair with braid spray, apply oils to seal the moisture, and then pull my hair into 2 low ponytails before I go to sleep at night. I sleep with a satin cap and in the morning I have soft, moisturized hair (its still damp too) that still has curl/coil definition. It's only taken me 3 years of being natural to figure this out
laugh.gif
(I got the idea from this thread: Softest Hair ). Its so nice having hair I can wake up and just fluff and go with and so far my ends stay nice and moist all day long.

yep sure does. If you look in my album for July-Sept there are picture of my hair that I call oil and go and I oiled my hair and slept with a cap on and it came out great (it's actually the pic in my avatar)

I just wear it up and I sleep on satin pillowcases. In the morning, I spray my mix of water, salerm 21, cd hair milk, and jessicurl's rockin ringlets, and my hair is moisturized!

[ QUOTE ]
CocoaButterflyy said:
yep sure does. If you look in my album for July-Sept there are picture of my hair that I call oil and go and I oiled my hair and slept with a cap on and it came out great (it's actually the pic in my avatar)

[/ QUOTE ]
Your hair looks great!! What products do you use!! I want to be like you soon!!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
[ QUOTE ]
CocoaButterflyy said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Your hair looks great!! What products do you use!! I want to be like you soon!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thank you. For that I washed with Dr. Bronners Peppermint then conditioned with suave tropical coconut and deep conditioned with garnier fructis fortifying hair mask for like 5 minutes while I was showering. I brushed through my hair with the denman brush then rinsed and wrung my hair. I shook my hair to get of excess water and then put on some warm jojoba oil and put the shower cap on and went to bed. In the morning I took it off and that was basically it

I did this last night. I washed my hair with Elucence MB Shampoo, applied Aussie 3 min. conditioner, but kept it in longer for maybe an hour w/ a plastic cap. Then I rinsed that out and put shea butter all over my very damp hair, put on the plastic cap. Tied a scarf over that and slept in it, the scarf eventually came off, but surprisingly the cap stayed on. My hair was really moist! I then put on a scarf and pushed it up as a headband and am wearing my hair in an uncombed puff today.
smile.gif
Very cute!

I wouldn't recommend doing this if you want to comb your hair out the next day because the moisture and heat draws your hair up, so shrinkage will be in full effect.
smile.gif

Back