Naturals I just did something new!

locabouthair

I just did a CW. and while the con was still in my hair i made like 8 different plaits. I think someone on this board mentioned it b4 but i just decided to try it tonight. then i rinsed the con out with the plaits still in. then after rinsing i took out the plaits and rinsed some more. detangling was soooo much easier. i didn't lose that much hair at all. b4 i tried this i was about to buy a liquid leave in/detangler and now I don't need it. so if tangles are a problem for any of you try this.

I used to do this to my niece when she was little. There was no way I was going to detangle her hair to wash it, detangle it to condition it , and then detangle it to style it. Her hair was between brastrap and waist length on her. She hated to get her hair done, I was the only one that could do it without a problem. She is now 18 and a few weeks ago cut her hair so short its above her neck. My momma was P O'd. :lol: I understand my nieces frustration tho. Folx not being able to handle her hair caused her a lot of pain (literally) and drama. Right now she never wants to see another strand of long hair.

I posted something like this a while ago, I do the same thing except I leave it in all night, and I just take the braids out right before I rinse it instead of leaving them in. I have no tangles at all this way.

I also do it while deep conditioning with heat. Apply the conditioner, comb through, then braid it and clip it up, then use a heating cap or bonnet or whatever... you will not have tangles. I know that heating caps can tange hair easily.

:)

actually I braid at night before CW in the morning, then take them out while in the shower and my hair is full of conditioner. If I don't do 2 fat cornrows then I do 4 individual braids. I started doing this when I reached 6mos. post relaxer back when I was transitioning and my hair was starting to tangle really bad, and it keeps it from tangling still.

Thanks for sharing that method w/ us, Locabouthair! I need to start plaiting my hair b4 I wash it. That's such a great idea!

I like this idea locabouthair. I've done the BC, but I def use this methd when my gets longer..and thicker. :lol:

Back