naturals how to straighten w/o damage?

rsmith

I am 4a natural. I was looking for tips on how to straighten without damaging my hair. What products and methods should I use? Thanks in advance

I have 4a/b natural hair... I shampoo and condition... apply Motions Nourish leave-in and Chi Silk Infusion to my hair...blowdry with a ceramic blowdryer with a comb attachment... apply Proclaim Emerald Bergamot grease to my hair... flat-iron with a Chi iron. My hair stays straight for several weeks and when I wash my hair, it is not damaged at all. It reverts completely back to its natural curl pattern. Check out my fotki album in my profile for pictures. Hope that helps.

If you do a search on the board or on google you will get a whole bunch of threads. There's one that has pinkskates regimen (called naturals that straighten) then are others about regimens, using coconut oil to moisturize, etc. etc.

If you search google type in "naturals that straighten site:longhaircareforum.com" (without the quotes obviously)....the pinkskates one is in the first three results.

Back