Naturals how do you tie your

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
hair up at night. Do you keep it in a ponytail, and put a scarf over it? Do you take it out of your ponytail and put a scarf on it? or Do you try and wrap your hair up and put a scarf on it?

No matter what style it is in. I do not sleep with metal of anytype in my hair, clips, pens, etc. Major no no!

Also every single night I sleep with some type of hair wrap or bonnet on my head.

Every single night, I have wraps and bonnets in different locations in my bedroom so I don't have to go looking for them. Especially when or if I come in late.

if it isn't in a protective style, i just tie my scarf up with my hair loose. i don't braid it before i sleep like some other naturals. that's supposed to make sure it doesn't matt but my hair matts regardless. sometimes i don't sleep in a scarf but either in an elasticated bonnet or i just have a silk scarf covering my pillowcase. i'm not consistent with any one technique.

if it isn't in a protective style, i just tie my scarf up with my hair loose. i don't braid it before i sleep like some other naturals. that's supposed to make sure it doesn't matt but my hair matts regardless. sometimes i don't sleep in a scarf but either in an elasticated bonnet or i just have a silk scarf covering my pillowcase. i'm not consistent with any one technique.

Ditto.

I do use a satin scarf to tie my hair done.

When I have a twistout, I loosely tie the scarf over it so it doesn't flatten out too much.

In the morning I take the scarf off and the steam from the shower usually plumps my hair back up.

usually i do nothing, just sleep on a satin pillowcase. but 2 nights ago i had used a scarf to make a puff and fell asleep with it in my hair. i woke up the next morning and didn't wet my hair, just let the steam from the shower hit it. it looked halfway decent... might try it again and see what happens...

I usually braid or twist my hair up to keep it stretched out some if I’m not wearing a braid out/twist out, wash ‘n go etc…Most of the times I cover my hair with a satin bonnet, I find them to be more comfy than scarfs.

I just put on a bonnet, but when my hair is not in braids and i want my hair to lay flat i put it in a loose pontail, tie a satin scarf around it and then place the bonnet on top.

I use a satin bonnet. But I noticed breakage around my edges so I'll use a a satin scarf to hold my edges down then the satin bonnet to protect the rest of my hair.

I recently bought some satin pillowcases b/c I can't seem to wake up with the Bonnet/Scarf still covering my head :wallbash::wallbash:

The combination of the satin pillowcase and my scarf/bonnet prevent the scarf/bonnet from slipping off my head while I'm sleeping.:grin:

hair up at night. Do you keep it in a ponytail, and put a scarf over it? Do you take it out of your ponytail and put a scarf on it? or Do you try and wrap your hair up and put a scarf on it?

From when I was knee-high, my mom would always put my hair in square plaits for the night, and I've never changed that. As long as I have enough length to braid, I always plait it and then I'd wear a satin scarf. Nowadays instead of a satin scarf, after I plait it, I wear a plastic cap or this moisture lock satin cap. I don't think I would ever be able to deal with my hair (ie comb it) if I dared go to bed without plaiting it first.

Back