Naturals/How do you dust on your own hair?

angelita842002

I want to start dusting my hair and did a search but couldnt find anything specific.
1. Were did you get the scissors/price?
2. Do you dust on wet or dry hair?
3. Any Tutorials or links on how to do it?

Thks

I got fed up with stylists wacking off too much hair when I was supposed to be gettin a trim and have been dusting on my own for almost 2 years. I'd rather mess up my own hair instead of paying someone else to do it. :mad:

To answer you questions, I bought my scissors from Sally's for about about $15 or $20. I only dust on dry hair. I use the trimming tips on the motown girl website. http://motowngirl.com/trim.php

hth

Thanks it helps alot Im going to go and get some scissors today and give it a try. Im a little nervous though. LOL But I went to the hair dresser a couple of months ago and she cut off alot. So i dont want them trimming or dusting my hair.

I just put my hair in two strands twists, and give the bottoms a wee snip with my 'for hair ONLY' 9.99 scissors from Sallys....

i use some cheapy clippers i found at a drug store. they cost under $10 and work fine for me

i only trim on dry, straightened hair(i use a dryer, not flat iron or hot comb). i section the hair off and go from there.

Last edited:
kweenameena said:
What is the difference between dusting and trimming?:confused:
dusting is cutting the very ends of the hair-you are only cutting a small amount

trimming is usually when you are cutting 1/4 inch or more of your hair.

nappywomyn said:
I just put my hair in two strands twists, and give the bottoms a wee snip with my 'for hair ONLY' 9.99 scissors from Sallys....
Same... but I use the cheap Goodie Scissors.

I caled myself trimming my hair and cut a hell of a lot of hair off back in July!!!! lol oh well it's growing back but I think I'm going to try the twist then snip technique next time!

Back