Naturals: Help me help my friend...

BrownBetty

My friend is natural, 3b/4a. She needs products and hairstyle ideas. She is frugal and low maintenance so if anything takes a lot of time she is going to resistant. I went to the store with her today we got the following:

Conditioner
Tresseme Vit e

Leave in
Sunsilk Hydra TLC
Sunsilk Straighten purple

Gel
Fanatasia Olive oil

Moisturizer
Organics tea tree oil

I am not really impressed how the leave in is working in her hair. Any tips, techniques, products, suggestions, websites, anything is appreciated. Thanks!

MV

She should add honey to her conditioners. Try a spritz made of water and glycerin. Castor oil and/or vitamin e oil will help with adding thickness and keeping splits at bay. Buying in bulk when i purchase online helps too.

A spritz of water and glycerine is great, its about the only thing I put on my hair other than conditioner to do my co-washes. Lustrasilk Cholestarol is good for deep conditioning, shampoo CON or anything that is sulfate free. Castor oil is great.

About how long is her hair?

i say use a cheapie conditioner for conditioner washes and seal with some type of oil. or just use the conditioner as a leave-in. i did that for a long time.

i agree with conditioner as leave in, ive done it that way forever. great for shiny curls with big volume.

if she wants a more sleek look, id check out tresemme bouncy curls definer. :)

Co-signing with the glycerine-and-water spritz. Just a bit of glycerine (it is very sticky) and a lot of water in a spray bottle.

Also, she could add a bit of castor oil (which is also cheap) to whatever (rinse-out) conditioner she is using. That works wonders for softness and detangling.

For her scalp, she could use a dab of extra virgin olive oil to combat dryness (if she has any) - she can get that from any supermarket. (In the winter months, she could spritz a little of her water and glycerine and then seal with a tiny amount of olive oil).

HTH :)

Back