Naturals doing french twists?

soslychic

Hey naturals! I was wondering if it's difficult to do a french twist with natural hair (4a/b?) If anyone does it, please share your tips
smile.gif

Are french twists the same as french braids? If so, then it is easy depending on the length & thickness. At my length, two french braids on each side of my head are pretty easy to do. If I want one french braid, then it helps to straighten my hair a bit by either using heat or various stretching methods.

I believe french twists are totally different than braids. I am clueless as to how to do it myself. It's something to do with twisting and rolling and pinning. Lol!
laugh.gif

Lol!
laugh.gif
I just reread your post & realized what you were talking about! I've never tried a french twist on natural hair, but I think someone would need a fair amount of length to avoid too much tension on the sides.

[ QUOTE ]
Nessa said:
I have heard so much about this, I wish someone would show an image of this style.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

When I learn how to take pics of my hair, I'll share my French Twist with you. In the meantime, I thought someone did post a pic in the past. I'll see if I can find it...

Here is one picture of a French Twist that I love wearing! It makes shorter hair look fuller and longer and ultra-long hair can wear this style too. Those with natural hair should be able to wear this also.

French3t.jpg

A front view with a tendril or two down the sides. I prefer tendrils that swirl or twist, rather than straight ones.

gallery497t.jpg

A more casual French Twist with some hair down the side.

french4t.jpg

The link for these styles and along with many variations of French Twists that I would love to try (like with the hair sticks)
smile.gif
and instructions can be found at:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip070.htm

I did searches but I couldn't find the pics someone posted before. They were better than the ones I found.

Back