Naturals: Does anybody NOT wet their hair before moisturizing it?

Harina

I just realized that my hair is only ocassionally soft and well moisturized. I guess I've been spending too much times on the Entertainment And off topic because I just realized that wetting my hair beforehand then adding moisturizer results in softer hair throughout the day. I was just wondering if there was any naturals who didn't have to do this, that is wet their hair before adding their leave-ins, and their jherri's, and their sprtizes, and are still capable of having well moisturized hair.

The only reason my hair would be wet before I apply S Curl is because I just washed it. Otherwise, after it dries, when I apply S Curl again (a necessary step I find when using S Curl), I do not wet it.

In other words, wetting my hair is not a prerequisite to applying moisturizer. In fact, I prefer to apply moisturizer to dry hair.

When I wet my hair and then moisturize it, it feels like it's drier...Kind of like the water was in the way or something, lol. It's hard for me to explain it.

When I wet my hair and then moisturize it, it feels like it's drier...Kind of like the water was in the way or something, lol. It's hard for me to explain it.

Ditto, but I don't think it's coz the water is in the way, I think it's coz the water evaporates taking the moisturizer with it. That's how my hair feels if I apply S Curl to it while wet after a wash. Once my hair dries and I apply S Curl afresh on dry hair, my hair stays moisturized for days.

Interesting, I swear when I add any moisturizer to my hair when it's dry, it does not stay moisturized. My hair is so wacky. Cantu Shea butter was probably one of my more successful dry hair moisturizers, but other than that...nada.

My hair is at its softest and most moisturizer when apply my moisturizer to dry hair. If I apply it to wet hair, it seems like the moisturizer is diluted by the water which makes it ineffective.

Interesting, I swear when I add any moisturizer to my hair when it's dry, it does not stay moisturized. My hair is so wacky. Cantu Shea butter was probably one of my more successful dry hair moisturizers, but other than that...nada.

What moisturizers are you using? A lot of moisturizers might not have enough water in them to be good enough on dry hair. But what I use is mostly water: S Curl and keeps hair moist for days when applied to dry hair.

I find for me some products go on better on wet hair, and some better on dry. For me, I usually juice my hair after cowashing and then when its pretty much dry I seal it with Hairvedas green tea butter!

My hair is more moisturized when I apply moisturizer/leave in to wet hair. Products tend to just sit on my hair if I apply to dry hair.

The above is true EXCEPT when I use S-Curl or any type of activator. For some reason S-Curl/activator works better on my hair when I apply it to dry hair. If I apply to wet hair my hair dries out and I have to reapply once the hair dries. But when I put S-Curl on dry hair it stays moist. This only happens with activators. No other moisturizing product has worked like this on my hair. It's just activators. :ohwell:

I always spray my hair with water mixed with a conditioner. If I need extra moisture I rub a little bit of shea butter/coconut oil on my hair. So yes I think my hair is always damp or wet before I add more moisture.

What moisturizers are you using? A lot of moisturizers might not have enough water in them to be good enough on dry hair. But what I use is mostly water: S Curl and keeps hair moist for days when applied to dry hair.

Right now, I've been swtiching from Cantu Shea Butter (that's definitely been one of the better moisturizers for me), Scurl/Care Free Curl (it might just be the glycerin but this isn't working as well as I thought it would). I used to use the Qhemet's Burdock Butter, my hair stayed dry with that. I ended up using the rest as a body butter. Sometimes I just leave a bit of my conditioner in like Suaves Coconut or Aussie Moist. That's been okay. I think I might just have continual porosity problems.

Back