Naturals: Best con for severe dry hair

ManeVixen

If anyone can help me with a conditoner for really dry hair or any ingredents i can get in the lab (kitchen:look:) and whip one up.

Con wash or deep conditioner tips will help

Thank u ladies (& gents):drunk:

What helped me and I'm using again, because my hair was super dry when I took my weave out, is sesame oil. The night before I wash, I massage oil into my scalp and through the hair. The next morning I condition wash or just rinse the oil out with water. Then I put a little bit of sesame oil on the ends of my hair and protective style.

Sesame oil does build up over time so at some point you'll need to rinse it out with ACV or clarifying shampoo.

I use AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner it really makes my hair nice and soft.

I also use Aveda DR - this really makes it soft and strong

I use Trader Joes Nourishing Spa too....love this.

I mix these with Castor Oil sometimes or EVOO (just a little). It helps.

Hope your dryness cease!

I have the dryest of the dry when it comes to hair and nothing moisturizes my hair like Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner ...you can get it at the Vitamin Shoppe :grin:

Hope your dryness cease!

Ditto...well kinda :look: I use Aubrey GPB mixed with Castor and EVOO. My hair is hardly ever dry....

Giovanni 50/50 is also good...

Ditto...well kinda :look: I use Aubrey GPB mixed with Castor and EVOO. My hair is hardly ever dry....

Giovanni 50/50 is also good...

I use AO GPB too and I love it, but I don't use it all the time for moisture that's why I didn't suggest it to her because of the protein in it...but GPB is one of the best...you are so right!

Yeah for moisture i wouldnt use the Aubrey GPB alone...protein treatments dry your hair out and you should ALWAYS follow a protein conditioner with a deep moisturizing conditioner---so if your looking for strength and moisture...i would suggest to pre-poo with the Aubrey GPB and deep condition with the Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose (i mix some SheaMoisture leave-in and olive oil in it too:yep:)

I had a breakage spell when I took down my dreadlocs. What helped me was pre-shampooing with a paste made of fresh avocado and shea butter. Whip them together until it's a nice thick paste, apply to dry hair and let sit for however long. Next, I shampooed and conditioned with Elucence moisture balancing. My hair has returned to the health it had before the dreadlocs and I was able to comb through it with no problems!
Hope this helps.

Affinity

It sure does :yep:. I love that conditioner

I also use BBD stretch sometimes of my hair is feeling really bad. It seems to put moisture back into my hair and prevents my hair from breaking.

Hope your dryness cease!

OT: Nice & Wavy, I love your pic!! That is a beautiful upsweep you got going there!!! :)

I'm so so in love with Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Conditioner - it's fabulous stuff.

I've also heard (but haven't tried) the Caramel Treatment (you should be able to do a search on it here) and it's supposed to be the nirvana of moisturizing mixes....

I use an oil like olive and castor as a prepoo and sometimes I use Oyin Honeyhemp Condish as a pre-poo mixed with castor and after washing I use a little Honeyhemp as a leave in and my hair is really soft.

well because I didn't want to use a moderately protein con as a dc when i rollerset, I knew I couldn't buy anymore products because lhcf has made me the ultimate pj. Soooo I just mixed up a lot of the conditioners I had. I've been doing this for the last couple of weeks when I rollerset and I love it.
In a small bowl, mix up some:
ORS replenishing con
miss key's 10 en 1 con
AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and
Roux Porosity Control
I mix, and slather on hair after washing with CON shampoo, DC for 30 mins. After i rinse out, my hair is like BUTTAH..Try it, my sis hair is soo dry (and the s-curl is just making her hair greasy) and the back is breaking like CRAZY, but she tried this and she loves it.

Back