NATURALS and WEAVE EXPERTS can naturals use Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture?

beana

I have been wearing Hairesthetics cuticle kinky straight hair for months now and I notice the quality of hair is not as good as the first few batches i purchased.

I'm looking for a replacement and hear that Extensions Plus relaxed texture is the best hair available. Also, that its not stick straight and has a realistic poofy texture.

I am 7 months post and am transitioning to natural, but my flat ironed 4a/b hair is less coarse than the Hairesthetics hair! So i need something that is coarse, with minimal shine/sheen, but not as crinkly as the HE kinky straight.

People with experience with EP and other Kinky straight textures, please feel free to chime in.

THANKS!!!

Yes EPRT will match your hair. You have to put heat on your hair though and get it straight. But when I wore weaves that's what I wore. I'm a natural, 4a. and it blended really well. Don't get the silky one though, it matches but the regular one is better.

Yes EPRT will match your hair. You have to put heat on your hair though and get it straight. But when I wore weaves that's what I wore. I'm a natural, 4a. and it blended really well. Don't get the silky one though, it matches but the regular one is better.

Thanks for answering!!!

Is the hair shiny? I want the lowest lustre/shine level possible. I'm finally ready to take the plunge and invest in EPRT hair:yep:

Also, another quick point about the HE, after a while the 1B color started to lighten and resemble more of a 2:ohwell: every batch did the same thing.

I'm looking to buy a weave with poof but only blow dry poof and not flat iron silkiness as I don't plan to flat iron the hair that is left out.

Please post pics if you can, it would be a great guide for me...

I'm a mostly 4b natural and I wear half wigs made from eprt. U will have to put some form of heat on your hair to blend. I usually roller set and/or lightly blow dry mine. I do not use a flat iron on my real hair or the weave.

the eprt has a good amt of texture and u can air dry, blow dry, or lightly flat iron depending on how much texture u want to leave in. the wefts are kinda fine, which to me is a good thing, if u want thick hair u can just use more wefts and it won't be too bulky looking.

The EPRT will blend well into your hair. I'm relaxed and it was a little to pouffy for me, so I imagine it'll be just right for you. Sorry I can't post any pictures. I had the RT years ago and I gave it to my sister because I didn't like the texture with my relaxed hair.

The orig EPRT will match and its not shiny. I probably still have pics in my fotki from years ago, and the link should be in my profile.

Thanks ladies!!! You all have been incredibly helpful in helping me to decide if EP is worth the investment.

Also, for ladies who have ordered... is the 1B truly dark? As my natural hair grows in its very dark, but not quite a 1 (jet black). I've read that some women feel the 1B was brownish and brassy.

Mine started off dark but it did show more a brown slightly reddish tone after alot of washings, I guess it was the persons natural hair color.

^^ Same thing happened with mine. at first it seemed a good blend, but after a few washes it is more reddish brown than my real hair

All about my hair has some nice kinky straight and relaxed texture.

I have some Fay's kinky straight that I haven't applied yet... Looks nice so far. Getting it installed this weekend. Will keep you posted.

Beana you should definitely call Extensions Plus. The sales reps are pretty knowledgeable about their products and don't mind answering any questions you have. Like I said I used them a few years ago but the lady who helped me was incredible. I must have stalked her behind and bombarded her with questions and she still put up with me. The reps will work closely with you to help you find the right fit ... They understand that you're about to make a big investment.

HTH!

Last edited:
Back