NATURALS AND WEAVE DIVAS!! HELP!!!!!!

socurlyqt

Hey guys!!

This is a question for naturals and weave wearers!. Im currently a natural wearing a weave and i usually just press the part thats out. But now my hair under the weave is getting longer. and i dont want to keep putting heat on the part thats left out (cus its not growing with all the heat damage) plus i go the gym ALOT and i have to press often. i just got a new wavy weave and the hairs really expensive..and i KNOW this sounds bad..but do u think i should perm/texlax the parts that are out just to match the weave? i cant possibly keep up a press. But on the other hand i only plan on wearing this weave for the next 2 months....

Also!! Keep in mind that i am in london (city SUCKS for black hair care.. imo), and i dont plan on buying a dryer if im only gonna be here for less than a month!:wallbash:

thanks!

Hey guys!!

This is a question for naturals and weave wearers!. Im currently a natural wearing a weave and i usually just press the part thats out. But now my hair under the weave is getting longer. and i dont want to keep putting heat on the part thats left out (cus its not growing with all the heat damage) plus i go the gym ALOT and i have to press often. i just got a new wavy weave and the hairs really expensive..and i KNOW this sounds bad..but do u think i should perm/texlax the parts that are out just to match the weave? i cant possibly keep up a press. But on the other hand i only plan on wearing this weave for the next 2 months....

Also!! Keep in mind that i am in london (city SUCKS for black hair care.. imo), and i dont plan on buying a dryer if im only gonna be here for less than a month!:wallbash:

thanks!

Check PM box young miss:look:

I don't think it's a good idea to relax the leave out hair. What are you going to do with your hair once you take the weave out in a month? The front will be relaxed (or texlaxed) and the rest natural. I would suggest you get a full head weave. That's what I usually do. I'm not sure what length hair you bought though. It's easier to do with shorter hair.

Or opt for some braids. Maybe you can get micros in that one section in the front with the same hair as the weave. They can just take a piece of it and cut the hair off the weft and then braid with it.I had tree braids like that before. It looked like the whole thing was braided but only the front was. The rest was sewn in.

How long do you plan on wearing a weave?
If your hair is already partially damaged from the heat, I would not add a perm or texlax on top of that :nono:
Since I don't know what the weave looks like, will a twist-out match it somewhat? Or wear a headband to cover the natural part. That is what I do when I wear a half-wig sometimes. IDK

I don't think it's a good idea to relax the leave out hair. What are you going to do with your hair once you take the weave out in a month? The front will be relaxed (or texlaxed) and the rest natural. I would suggest you get a full head weave. That's what I usually do. I'm not sure what length hair you bought though. It's easier to do with shorter hair.

Or opt for some braids. Maybe you can get micros in that one section in the front with the same hair as the weave. They can just take a piece of it and cut the hair off the weft and then braid with it.I had tree braids like that before. It looked like the whole thing was braided but only the front was. The rest was sewn in.

I agree with glamazon! I think having one part of your hair relaxed and one part natural could get to be "complicated" but only you'll know for sure. Can you wear your hair in flat twists, straw sets, or cornrow the front? If this is possible, it may prevent the heat damage. Also, I love Pinkskates how to's. Check out her fotki. She presses and has very long hair!

How long do you plan on wearing a weave?
If your hair is already partially damaged from the heat, I would not add a perm or texlax on top of that :nono:
Since I don't know what the weave looks like, will a twist-out match it somewhat? Or wear a headband to cover the natural part. That is what I do when I wear a half-wig sometimes. IDK

This is a good idea too. You might be able to twist it up at night and then take it down in the morning. I've also worn a scarf headband to cover my edges when they didn't match the hair and I couldnt figure out what to do with it. Can you gel the leave out hair down? That's what I'm doing with my weave now. Get them to leave out the least amount possible but still enough to cover the last track.

Thanks ladies...

I already got the weave though..soo maybe ill look into pinkskates tutorial. And i know my hair would look strange with the texlaxed pieces..but if a small portion and the front and on the sides do u think it will look that bad?

Thanks ladies...

I already got the weave though..soo maybe ill look into pinkskates tutorial. And i know my hair would look strange with the texlaxed pieces..but if a small portion and the front and on the sides do u think it will look that bad?

Definitely check out pinkskates tutorial and then decide!:yep:

Thanks ladies...

I think it depends on your texture. If you're a 3 or so you might be able to get away with it. But on the flip side, yes I think it's going to look bad... when you pull it back the hair around the front and sides is really the only part that's showing. It gets smoothed over the rest. It's going to be straight smooth hair pulled over naps. Also, most of the time when you texlax from natural your hair gets that sleek shinyness which is going to be different from your natural hair.

And the texlaxed hair will probably break off if you don't give that hair extra care. You're going to have to treat the texlaxed hair different than your natural hair. You're going to have to cut it to get the relaxer out at some point too if you plan on remaining natural. I just don't think you should do it. You might end up ruining your hair and have to start all over.

Last edited:
Full head weave! no hair out works for me - u can get various closure pieces including lacefront ones for a natural look (think Pak in Finsbury Park carry both)...

One word....Headband:grin: This helped me conceal that point where the real hair met the fake. Get the ones that are stretchy and go all the way around. Also scarves would be a good option too.

IF you don't want to do headbands you can twist the front at night to match the wet n wavy better

Edited:
**Oops great minds thin alike I didn't see this was already suggested:grin:**

Seriously thought I did this for a long time and I always left the front out with my sew ins and this is how I got through it.

Last edited:
One word....Headband:grin: This helped me conceal that point where the real hair met the fake. Get the ones that are stretchy and go all the way around. Also scarves would be a good option too.

IF you don't want to do headbands you can twist the front at night to match the wet n wavy better

Edited:
**Oops great minds thin alike I didn't see this was already suggested:grin:**

Seriously thought I did this for a long time and I always left the front out with my sew ins and this is how I got through it.

I plan on doing this when I get the sew in like what you have in your siggy pics.

Back