Naturals and Texlaxed heads who straighten, what do you use to moisturize?

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
I need to find a moisturizer that won't make my straightened texturized hair revert. Right now I'm using ORS Olive Oil in the bottle, but I've been looking for something to replace that for a minute.

I'm wondering what everyone else uses. :help:

Last edited:
this is a great question. currently, I am using hawaiian silky 14 in 1 miracle worker and sealing with megacare grapeseed oil. Once I use the hs up I will be looking for a creamy moisturizer for my hair b/c I do not feel that the hs is working for me. I clarify every two weeks or every week, depending on if I feel I need it, and I cw every other day......what gives :wallbash:

when i straighten i use fantasia ic hair polisher. thats the only thing that makes my hair not feel crispy but not make my hair revert. but my hair dosent feel moisturized at all. im looking for something better though

I use ORS olive oil lotion as well. I love it!

Keracare oil moisturizer is nice.
Chi silk infusion is great as well. keeps my hair soft and bouncy.

Be careful with Chi silk infusion guys, it will block OUT moisture once you put it on. It will aslo prevent your hair from texlaxing properly so I don't use it two weeks before I texlax.

I use: B&B oil moisturizer and B&B Growth oil moisturizer. I love them both!

I was going to stay away from Oil Moisturizers cause I had flashbacks of Pink Moisture oil, but these aren't like that at all. They are about 3.99 from any beauty supply. I've been using them as a staple for awhile now. :yep: My hair loves it and it won't revert, but I use just a tad bit each time, not a lot :yep:. I do not seal my hair with oil, this makes it heavy and doesn't work for me. It also causes buildup which I try to avoid.

I hope this works for some of you.

An oil moisturizer helps when your hair is straight. I use optimum oil therapy dry hair and scalp quencher.

Back