naturals and split ends or is it just dry?

pringe

it sounds like a lot of us naturals have an issue with believing our ends our split but in actuality they're just dry. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Cut em? Moisturize?

Well, I think first you'd have to look at your own hair and figure out whether it's split or just dry. Pay attention to your shed hair over the next few days, do you see any splits? I've seen 2 split hairs in the last 6 months on my own head, so I feel comfortable in saying I really don't have any.

Try bunning for awhile, to keep your ends covered and moisturized. If your ends seem irreparably rough, and you don't like it, then get a small trim and see if that helps.

I don't really get lot of slit ends, my hair prefers individual knots. In most cases, it's usually just dry, but you will have to examine them first. If you don't see any, try a moisturizing DC and protective style for a little while:look:

I get splits, but they are rarely actually on my ends, so I don't worry about trimming them. *shrug* I would have to shave bald to truly get rid of them all, and it's really not that crucial.
Once it gets long enough for me to be able to actually 'see' the ends, I'll start doing search & destroys to snip off the splits that actually show up at the ends.
Otherwise, I leave my hair in protective styles, keep it well moisturized, and leave it be.

I don't get a lot of split end, but if my hair doesn't feel right I moisturize. Try changing moisturizers, I've learned that some products work better during different seasons. Hope that helps.

Back