Naturals and shine

Belle Du Jour

I know that type 4 natural hair has more sheen than shine, but what are naturals using for a little bling? Does plain old oil sheen work? A dab of grease? Serum? Thanks.

you can also try a shining gel...just go to your bss and look for some type of shining gel...like I.C. Ice.. HTH.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have shining gels that don't seem to do much, but I bought some coconut hair grease. Maybe a little dab mixed with a bit of gel will do the trick.

I use a homemade butter mix, which consist of melted shea butter, coconut oil (sometimes cocoa butter), & mango butter. It brings out the shine & enhances my texture.

angellazette said:
Coconut oil :grin:

yup same here! Bling for days, and it's light! I love it, but I am gonna have to start using something a bit more heavy for the winter. That light oil won't cut it. It's great for the skin too! It will leave it soft, never ashy.

Peachtree said:
I use a homemade butter mix, which consist of melted shea butter, coconut oil (sometimes cocoa butter), & mango butter. It brings out the shine & enhances my texture.

Peachtree, if you don't mind sharing, where do you purchase your butters?

I get very good shine whether blown out or curly with ORS Olive Oil Cream and Carrot Oil Cream, sometimes I add jojoba or shea butter to the creams.

I'm not natural but I stretch for long periods of time (8-9 months) and I use Elasta's Mango butter and it makes my hair so smooth and shiny! People always ask if I get a fresh perm when I put this stuff on my hair, it really makes the new growth nice, wavy and shiney!

Alli77 said:
I'm not natural but I stretch for long periods of time (8-9 months) and I use Elasta's Mango butter and it makes my hair so smooth and shiny! People always ask if I get a fresh perm when I put this stuff on my hair, it really makes the new growth nice, wavy and shiney!

Co-signing on the Mango Butter. It's good stuff, :up:

i started this week to spray Organic Root Stimulator Nature's shine on my twists the day before undoing them and cover than the next day take it out and spray again a lil bit i looove it

"ORS Nature's shine , a rich blend of natural and essential oils. Gives your braids, locks,twists and fros a light healthy shine"

ingredients; coconut oil (cocos nucifera), soybean oil (glycine soja), cyclomethicone,kukui nut oil (aleruites moluccana),essential oils of lemon (citrus medica limonum), bergamot (citrus aurantium bergamia), spearmint (mentha viridis), fragrance (parfum)

Back