Naturals and Dominican Salons

FlutterGirl

I don't know if it has been discussed before, if it's the case sorry (the search engine seems to be down for me:perplexed ).

When I was relaxed, I used to go to a Domican salon to get touch-ups and blow-outs and I was really pleased with the results and the products they use. Plus it costs like 20 bucks. :) The heat was a total pain though, lol.

My regular stylist charges to much for a simple press and trim (68$ or something, and it doesn't came out with bouce, actually it was a straight blow-out cause her iron didn't work and she charges the same price for a dust and a cut :look: )

So I was wondering if any naturals went to a Domican salon or know someone who went. I want to now how they handle your/her/his(who knows) hair and what was your/her/his verdict. I'm affraid of heat damage on my natural hair.

I would also like to know. I'm debating whether to use dominican blowouts and grow out my relaxer. Will this work?

Will the result be the same?

cocoberry10 said:
I would also like to know. I'm debating whether to use dominican blowouts and grow out my relaxer. Will this work?

Will the result be the same?

When I was relaxed I used to strech and even after 2 months post relaxer, after a blow-out, it felt like a touch-up, except thicker. Hope that helps. :)

I haven't been to the Dominican Salon since I've been natural. I went a few times when I was relaxed. I don't think I'll be taking a chance and going back though. I have a great guy that flat irons my hair for me and I don't have to worry about heat damage. I know LilChocolateMa just recently posted about her first experience at the Dom Salon as a natural though. Maybe you can search for her thread.

Back