Naturally discouraged.

MissMeWithThatIsh

Naturally discouraged. (PICS NOW!)

I will post pics later... BUT I attempted to flat iron my hair for my fotki update.

GREAT NEWS... Hair is definitely thicker and longer.
BAD NEWS... Hair is almost impossible to detangle and effectively flat iron.

I used CHI Silk Infusion and Biolage Daily Leave in and lightly dried it, because my hair is horrible after you try to flat iron it wet or dry... it has to be damp to 80% dry.

I have this BIG old body and lots of puff... lol. It wouldn't lay down or nothing. I used small sections on my Maxiglide and I eventually started just using the tinier one...

I want my hair to get to at least APL or BSL before I make any firm decisions about chemicals of any sort. HOWEVER I also HOPE by the time I get there, I will be able to manage this thick blessing...

Lol... is there HOPE for a 3/4 natchal head? Please give me strength LHCF sisters... because I have the ugliest "wrap (with the front unstraightened) under this wig. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Queeny give me some guidance! :yep:

Attachments

• IMG00387.jpg
    IMG00387.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG00386.jpg
    IMG00386.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Do you every lightly blow out your hair before hand?

You can try a rollerset for a nice smooth look. Some even flat iron it out a bit with some good results.

how long is your hair? cuz my straightened hair wouldn't "lay down" until it was past collarbone. every other attempt to straighten left me with hair that looked like it was blown out and curled on the ends.

i know that's probably not encouraging, but it's true... at least you know you're not alone... :perplexed

I will post pics later... BUT I attempted to flat iron my hair for my fotki update.

GREAT NEWS... Hair is definitely thicker and longer.

I used CHI Silk Infusion and Biolage Daily Leave in and lightly dried it, because my hair is horrible after you try to flat iron it wet or dry... it has to be damp to 80% dry.

I have this BIG old body and lots of puff... lol. It wouldn't lay down or nothing. I used small sections on my Maxiglide and I eventually started just using the tinier one...

I want my hair to get to at least APL or BSL before I make any firm decisions about chemicals of any sort. HOWEVER I also HOPE by the time I get there, I will be able to manage this thick blessing...

Lol... is there HOPE for a 3/4 natchal head? Please give me strength LHCF sisters... because I have the ugliest "wrap (with the front unstraightened) under this wig. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Queeny give me some guidance! :yep:

Do you do natural styles like twists, twistouts or wash and go's? You might want to concentrate on that instead of straightening until your hair is apl ar bra-strap length.

Do you do natural styles like twists, twistouts or wash and go's? You might want to concentrate on that instead of straightening until your hair is apl ar bra-strap length.

I do, but I wear protective styles at the moment. Wigs and wigs!
I wanted to straighten to make a progress update in my long neglected fotki.

I do, but I wear protective styles at the moment. Wigs and wigs!
I wanted to straighten to make a progress update in my long neglected
fotki.

Don't get discouraged, you'll be apl length in no time and straightening takes practice. That is one the reasons I don't use heat, I just don't have the skills.

I can't offer any advice because I my rollerset last night looked like a HAM.

But I saw your myspace pics, you are very pretty. :)

Don't worry you're hair will get better, at least it's growing. At least if you're having a bad hair day, you can put it in a bun or ponytail. Something I wish i could do.

Thanks. I was just banging my head on the wall after about 4 hours and still having a nappy crown :lachen:

Lauren my hair doesn't straighten easy for me either, right after I iron it 10 minutes later its shrunken. I have to go to the Dominican Salon for length checks. Shrinkage is a **** - it happens to the best of us - trust. Maybe you should put it all back in a bun and go to the Dom. Salon (take your wide tooth comb with you) and let them do it. They're awesome with the blowers - not to be done often but every now and then. :yep: You'll feel like a different person when you leave the salon - your hair will be bouncin and behavin.:grin:

Last edited:
I can't offer any advice because I my rollerset last night looked like a HAM.

But I saw your myspace pics, you are very pretty. :)

Don't worry you're hair will get better, at least it's growing. At least if you're having a bad hair day, you can put it in a bun or ponytail. Something I wish i could do.

^^^^ I went to see after seing loca's post - You are sooo pretty Lauren. Stop pouting and find a Dom. Salon girlie.:grin:

Search for the big Sabino thread. On page nine I showed what worked for me. You can also get MB Moisture block sample for free. You can get your hair straight and swinging. We also want to protect it. Let me know what you think. I'm a natural 4a and I always have super shrinkage so if I can do it, you can do it! The key is the product more than the technique, but at least check out that page. I even have pics of how my hair turned out, and it's a lot better than the avatar which was days later after rain and apply OCT to the scalp, although that flat iron was still holding strong with the Moisture Block. Don't do any chemicals until you try the moisture block. Lala is relaxed and she stopped me via pm from stepping on the train to relaxville, because she found this product. She's been using it for a while, but said if she knew about it in the beginning she wouldn't be relaxed. She's right. It makes my hair look like a relaxer. Oh the sample site is www.gotfrizz.com and you click the contact us link and email them your name address and where you heard about them (LHCF) or you can call and give the same info as that's what they'll ask for.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments ladies.

I am interested in the Sabino product.
I am planning on buying it straight out.
I don't need no samples! :lachen:

Pic will be here soon... :grin:

Re: Naturally discouraged. (PICS NOW!)

I cant flat iron either and its hell on earth to even press, but its the only way I can straighten, even if I were to flat iron I would still have to press first. its very tangly through the whole process

I understand.
I'm with TriniRican, if I want to straighten and actually wear it out I have to go to the Dominicans or a stylist. My DIY straightening skills are laughable.

But the good news is you'll probably be at APL before you know it.

Re: Naturally discouraged. (PICS NOW!)

I cant flat iron either and its hell on earth to even press, but its the only way I can straighten, even if I were to flat iron I would still have to press first. its very tangly through the whole process

I haven't pressed my hair, I'm terrified of doing that.
I swear if a hot comb comes near my head... I would cry.

I understand.
I'm with TriniRican, if I want to straighten and actually wear it out I have to go to the Dominicans or a stylist. My DIY straightening skills are laughable.

But the good news is you'll probably be at APL before you know it.

I would love to do either, but the closest stylists are in Albuquerque... lol...that's a lot of gas and time for a style that won't last!

:lachen:
how long is your hair? cuz my straightened hair wouldn't "lay down" until it was past collarbone. every other attempt to straighten left me with hair that looked like it was blown out and curled on the ends.

i know that's probably not encouraging, but it's true... at least you know you're not alone... :perplexed

My response is late as Dickens... but yea, I hear you.

I got my Sabino samples the other day (in less than 2 days cuz they are RIGHT next door to me)... and I am about to try it out...

Damp hair, don't care.

Back