Naturalgurl did a twist out! Pic heavy...

naturalgurl

Well, I finally did it. Mook took me by the hand, nudged me into it and demanded to see pics...like today!:rolleyes: OK then! She told me what to do and what not to do(like not borrowing hair from the other strand) and I must say...I'm pleased with the turn out. It didn't come out as pretty as everybody elses because this was just a test. I can perfect it and have a beautiful twist out next time and many times to come. I'm certainly going to play around with it. This is what I did. I took my wet bun down, it was still damp at the base of the bun but drier at the roots. I seperated my hair into two halves. I did nine twists on each side spraying each one right before I twisted with my moisturizing spray(aloe, glycerin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, silk amino acid and orange blossom water). Then I took shea butter and sealed being heavy handed. I twisted the section of hair and rubbed the excess shea and moisturizing spray along the length of the twist. After I twisted that side of my head I then took coconut oil and rubbed it on the length of the twist before rolling on finger thick rods. Repeated on the other side and added hairnet. Some of my rods were slipping to the ends because I used so much shea and coconut oil, this is why I put a hairnet over it. Slept overnight in a silk scarf and unrolled the ends in the morning. Still felt slightly damp on the ends so I "ran" the blow dryer over the ends for about 2 minutes. It sort of straightened them:sad:. Next time I'll sit under the dryer. I started at 7 pm and my hair takes forever to airdry. I can imagine if I had it soaking wet! So thanks Mook for giving me that push to try this!

Half of head twisted...I felt like a lil guh again!:grin:
Picture470.jpg

Rolled ends.
Picture472.jpg

I put on head band to keep them out of my face.
Picture473.jpg

The blow dryer blew some of the curls away :sad:
Picture474.jpg

Carefully took the twists apart
Picture477.jpg

This is after I seperated them with a metal rat tail comb end.
Picture483-2.jpg

The back...next time I'll sit under the dryer so it will be totally dry!
Picture480.jpg

I put a head band on
Picture485-1.jpg

After humidity struck, it grew on me but that's cool, I still like it.
Picture490.jpg

This is another shot outside after it frizzed.
Picture489.jpg

Rocking the new do at work and everyone loves it!
Picture497.jpg

Indoors it doesn't look so frizzy for some reason. My hair is such a chameleon, I wonder will this last all day? Oh well, thanks for looking!

get your twist out on girl!

beautiful!

Mook's was gawgus too ( cant remember if I commented on her thread)

that long divasmooth thread had me rollin for a looooong time LOL

that was crazay!!!!

Look at all that pretty, thick hair!!! I am sure your style will stay all day. Ya'll have to come back and let us know how it went, but from the pics it looks beautiful!

I love it and it does look really pretty. Can't wait until I am all natural so I can have a nice twist out like that.

what do you use it for? What does it do in your hair? moisture? does it smell real orangey? :lick:
You ladies are too sweet. I can't wait to do a slamming one and post! I use the orange blossom water in place of tap water. It smells nice, it's distilled and I think the little citrus in it helps the scalp. This is just me being a home chemist so I don't know if it's helping but it sure isn't hurting!

You ladies are too sweet. I can't wait to do a slamming one and post! I use the orange blossom water in place of tap water. It smells nice, it's distilled and I think the little citrus in it helps the scalp. This is just me being a home chemist so I don't know if it's helping but it sure isn't hurting!
It sounds cool girl, I LOVE how ORS smells so decliciously Orange

would love to have another way to get that scent

but your hair is doing marvelous mama!

its definitely growing and getting thicker :yep:

I LOVE IT Naturalgurl! Every "face" of it. Even after the humidity it puffed up into beautiful big hair! You look beautiful!

Well, I finally did it. Mook took me by the hand, nudged me into it and demanded to see pics...like today!:rolleyes: OK then! She told me what to do and what not to do(like not borrowing hair from the other strand) and I must say...I'm pleased with the turn out. It didn't come out as pretty as everybody elses because this was just a test. I can perfect it and have a beautiful twist out next time and many times to come. I'm certainly going to play around with it. This is what I did. I took my wet bun down, it was still damp at the base of the bun but drier at the roots. I seperated my hair into two halves. I did nine twists on each side spraying each one right before I twisted with my moisturizing spray(aloe, glycerin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, silk amino acid and orange blossom water). Then I took shea butter and sealed being heavy handed. I twisted the section of hair and rubbed the excess shea and moisturizing spray along the length of the twist. After I twisted that side of my head I then took coconut oil and rubbed it on the length of the twist before rolling on finger thick rods. Repeated on the other side and added hairnet. Some of my rods were slipping to the ends because I used so much shea and coconut oil, this is why I put a hairnet over it. Slept overnight in a silk scarf and unrolled the ends in the morning. Still felt slightly damp on the ends so I "ran" the blow dryer over the ends for about 2 minutes. It sort of straightened them:sad:. Next time I'll sit under the dryer. I started at 7 pm and my hair takes forever to airdry. I can imagine if I had it soaking wet! So thanks Mook for giving me that push to try this!

Half of head twisted...I felt like a lil guh again!:grin:
Picture470.jpg

Rolled ends.
Picture472.jpg

I put on head band to keep them out of my face.
Picture473.jpg

The blow dryer blew some of the curls away :sad:
Picture474.jpg

Carefully took the twists apart
Picture477.jpg

This is after I seperated them with a metal rat tail comb end.
Picture483-2.jpg

The back...next time I'll sit under the dryer so it will be totally dry!
Picture480.jpg

I put a head band on
Picture485-1.jpg

After humidity struck, it grew on me but that's cool, I still like it.
Picture490.jpg

This is another shot outside after it frizzed.
Picture489.jpg

Rocking the new do at work and everyone loves it!
Picture497.jpg

Indoors it doesn't look so frizzy for some reason. My hair is such a chameleon, I wonder will this last all day? Oh well, thanks for looking!
I LOVE YOUR TWIST OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! You have gorgeous natural hair anyway! Everyone knows how to use those perm rods but me! :lachen: You have just inspired me to try one! Nice work :)

I love it, humidity and all. I've ordered some Sabino Moisture Block (Sam's advice) to help keep the humidity at bay on days where I just want some crispy twists. But you and your hair are so beautiful. I really am feeling glycerin!!!:grin:

I love your hair (and everything you do lol, you know you're one of my natural ingredient idols). It turned out really great.

I think if you use less product on damp hair then it will be drier when you take it out in the morning, which will mean less frizz. The frizz is happening because it's still drying after you take it out. Maybe just do your moisture spritz and then shea butter (not too heavy-handed) and see what happens.

Anyway, your hair is amazing!

Last edited:
Back