Natural who wants blowdrying tips

essence5

I want to blow dry my hair for my night out (lord knows I need one). What products will help me blow dry it straighter. I'm natural and don't want to do too much damage in the process. Any tips?

Bumping....i'd like a few tips myself......right now my blowdried hair is too puffy.
I'm using the comb attachment. I've tried a round brush and a paddle brush but i hair gets all caught up.

Err, excuse me....i have just looked through you're fotki album.....you and your hair and very beautiful.......i think you should be giving some of us tips :yep:.

Last edited:
The method i am using now is to not use the comb attachment at all. Just make sure the hair is detangled very well, put the hair up in multi pinned sections, and when ready take each section down and run the blowdryer up and down the legnth while pulling it straight. Also, i use a tourmaline dryer now and have noticed a difference in the end result moisture wise.

Do you think this will work for very curly hair like mine?.....i'm not so sure....but i guess i won't know until i try.

Do you think this will work for very curly hair like mine?.....i'm not so sure....but i guess i won't know until i try.

My hair is pretty curly especially in the back, sides and part of the crown. See my profile pic of my wash and go. i had no problems making it straight.

The last time I tried blowdrying I used Pinkskates' method and it worked like a charm. I pulled my hair taut and ran the blowdryer up and down the shaft. THis cut down on the drying time and frizz for me. Afterwards I used my ceramic round brush and did the roots, this made my hair really soft. I don't have completely natural hair but I'm over a year without being relaxed. When I did relax in August I was extremely underprocessed and I basically consider myself natural (I know I'm not).

Originally posted by Alli77
The last time I tried blowdrying I used Pinkskates' method and it worked like a charm. I pulled my hair taut and ran the blowdryer up and down the shaft. THis cut down on the drying time and frizz for me. Afterwards I used my ceramic round brush and did the roots, this made my hair really soft. I don't have completely natural hair but I'm over a year without being relaxed. When I did relax in August I was extremely underprocessed and I basically consider myself natural (I know I'm not).

I'm so glad to hear that my method worked for your hair. It is so much healthier and less stress on our hair if you blow dry using as little manipulation as possible.

I also blowdry my hair w/out a comb attachment, similar to Bre-Bre and Pinkskates. If I use any product on my hair prior to blowdrying aside from my leave-in, it's Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum or Redken Heat Glide. Both products double as heat protectants and smoothing serums.

Back