Natural to Texlax... advice?

Queliq7

Okay ladies, so I have been natural for almost 10 years and I am thinking of texlaxing. I am about 85% sure that I want to but I want to research a little more. basically I loooove my natural hair but I am ready for a change.

I am less interested in being convinced to stay natural and more interested in any previous threads or articles or fotkis you can point me to about texlaxing. Any advice would be great!

TIA ladies

I'm texlaxed but I like it to still have the natural look with a bit looser curl pattern. I texlaxed for 5 min. with Silk Elements. I still can wear a afro, it shrinks just bit less, straightening is a bit more easy but I only straighten once every other month. My hair is a 4b.

My advice is to follow the advice of the ladies who posted above.:yep:

I'm also texlaxed and enjoying every minute of it.:reddancer:

I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent. I'm natural now, but I used to be texlaxed. I didn't like it. (It's possible that I was doing it wrong) My hair was not wavy or curly. It was kinky-straight and it reverted just as much as my natural hair does. It tangled and was always dry. I never had those problems when I was bone straight, and I don't have them now.

I recommend going straight if you are going back to a relaxer, especially if you plan to wear your hair straight most of the time.:yep: Everyone's hair is different, so I just wanted to give you a different perspective.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Thanks Southern Bella,

I was wondering about this because I did a texturizer back in August and it was not very successful. My hair basically was the same as before.

I may have to texlax for a bit longer in order to get the results I want. I don't want to have to use a flat iron whenever I want it straight because that is the same as being natural. But I also want to have some body and texture which i think a relaxer may take away.

I guess i will try the texlaxing and see what works best for my hair.

Thanks Southern Bella,

I was wondering about this because I did a texturizer back in August and it was not very successful. My hair basically was the same as before.

I may have to texlax for a bit longer in order to get the results I want. I don't want to have to use a flat iron whenever I want it straight because that is the same as being natural. But I also want to have some body and texture which i think a relaxer may take away.

Well, the good thing about texlaxing is that you can try it out, see how you feel about it, then adjust the next time. :yep: Just make sure to write down your times every time your relax so that when you find a texture you like, you'll know exactly how long you processed it.

Thanks Southern Bella,

Even with texlaxing, depending on your texture you may still have to use a flat iron to get straight results.

Oh okay, that's why I figured I would wait until February which would be 6 months post. I'm still not 100% sure about texlaxing so I wil do sonme more research although all the Fotkis are beautiful.
Queliq7 not 100% sure, but I think texlaxing over a texturizer can cause problems.

Back