Natural texture question

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Hi everyone. I've been checking out natural pictures and the wave patterns are so beautiful. I'm 4A/B and it's been SO long since I had totally virgin hair since 13- I don't know how my hair would look totally virgin. I plan to transition in Feb '08. Anyway, could you tell me how you show the texture all the way to the ends? I know you can't comb it to show your texture because that would break the pattern. Right?? I think natural hair looks so pretty when the hair is coily/wavy all the way to the coily/wavy ends. Please, tell me how? Thanks in advance! :yep:

Alot of the Natural Ladies (myself included) do twist outs for the coily/wavy look. If you wanted to make you curls/coild pop as is, its really about your products. I would recommend going to missjessies.com. ALL of their products are WONDERFUL, but they are pretty pricey, so if you aren't interested in high priced product you can still benefit from their styling advice (i.e. twistouts, coiling, shingling, etc.). Also, check out the Natural Support Thread and the 4a/b Support Thread, I believe there are lots of links to fotikis and other websites that offer styling tips and how to's for natural hair.

HTH!! :)

If your hair is natural your hair texture should show all the way to the ends. If you are transitioning (which you said you aren't yet) and haven't chopped off your chemically relaxed ends, then you won't see that texture on your ends until you get rid of that hair.

There is no secret to having coils/waves/etc from root to tip. If you wash your hair and let it dry, your texture will show. If you add products, your texture will show. But you are right, if you comb your hair, it will be just one cloud of cotton/naps.

If your hair is natural your hair texture should show all the way to the ends. If you are transitioning (which you said you aren't yet) and haven't chopped off your chemically relaxed ends, then you won't see that texture on your ends until you get rid of that hair.

:yep: what she said

There is no secret to having coils/waves/etc from root to tip. If you wash your hair and let it dry, your texture will show. If you add products, your texture will show. But you are right, if you comb your hair, it will be just one cloud of cotton/naps.

Cosigning :yep:

Back