Natural stylist in Maryland (Columbia/Baltimore)

sfletcher

Ladies,

I'm relocating to the MD area from Hawaii and was wondering if anyone could suggest a salon where I can have my natural hair (18months) tended to.

I had my BC done by this guy named Dave at D.I.S.C. Design Hair Studio in Silver Spring (I live in Columbia and it took about fifteen minutes to get there, its not in downtown SS). Anyway, he's a master barber, and he was great. There's also this guy there named Chris. He has awesome locs and does maintenance for natural hair if you weren't planning on a cut. I recommend either of these guys. You can PM me for the number/address whenever you relocate if you do decide to try them.

There's a salon in Baltimore called "More Hair Salon". I was very happy with my stylist and the results. They also make their own hair products, which I thought were nice.

HTH

Welcome to MD :)

ETA - I self style now, so I haven't been in a while - but my stylist was Jennie. Very nice, very good stylist.

Last edited:
When I got my locs cut off I went to a salon called Naklectic (sp.?) in Baltimore. They seemed to do a good job.

Thanks Ladies,

I currently am wearing my hair in twist, but I would like to seek advise on alternate looks as well.

Mahalo

Back