Natural Silicon Mix

SouthernTease

I stopped using Silicon Mix mainly because of the mineral oil. I used to love it. Anybody know of a natural alternative to Silicon Mix? No chemicals, parabens, or mineral oil that gives the same effect???

I realize this probably doesn't exist... but it's worth a shot...

I was thinking maybe coconut milk/ cream, mayo, & honey are the closest all natural things I found that may work.

I've never used silicone mix before so i can't compare. But are you looking for something detangling? If you are, the best all natural conditioners that come close (IMO) are Aubrey Organics. White Camellia is more detangling, less moisturizing and the Honeysuckle Rose is more moisturizing and less detangling. The Green tea Rinse is VERY detangling...it's watery but rub it in for a few seconds, let it sit for a minute and it is heaven. The island naturals is a good mix of detangling & moisturizing...great for a deep treatment if you add some coconut or olive oil (or any oil you like).

I use Herbal essences and pantene sometimes which have cones. These products are the only natural ones I've used that come close to doing what HE & Pantene do as far as detangling & moisture.

SouthernTease,

I used to fear mineral oil and cones, but now I have embraced them. As long as you are deep conditioning your hair and have a great washing regime, you will be okay.

I aspire to all that you have achieved and suscribe to every cool creative suggestion that you have put on this board. Your innovative bun is a staple in my hair care. You hair is awesome that's why I believe what you say.

I am humbly suggesting to you that because you are ahead of the pack in hair care, you can use these ingredients with the caveat that you don't get them on your scalp.

I have no doubt your hair will continue to thrive.

I stopped using Silicon Mix mainly because of the mineral oil. I used to love it. Anybody know of a natural alternative to Silicon Mix? No chemicals, parabens, or mineral oil that gives the same effect???

I was thinking maybe coconut milk/ cream, mayo, & honey are the closest all natural things I found that may work.

Bump!
How is coconut milk/cream in hair? Is it moisturizing, detangling, or both?
Lys

SouthernTease,

I used to fear mineral oil and cones, but now I have embraced them. As long as you are deep conditioning your hair and have a great washing regime, you will be okay.

I aspire to all that you have achieved and suscribe to every cool creative suggestion that you have put on this board. Your innovative bun is a staple in my hair care. You hair is awesome that's why I believe what you say.

I am humbly suggesting to you that because you are ahead of the pack in hair care, you can use these ingredients with the caveat that you don't get them on your scalp.

I have no doubt your hair will continue to thrive.

cool... thanks for the shout out...
my thing is mineral & cones do make your hair look great
I can attest to that but they offer NOTHING nutritive to the hair...
I rather be using some natural herbs/oil that will actually feed
and nurture my hair hence my quest to find a Natural version of
silicon mix... I have to practice what I preach... it's a personal
choice... and I know that I have inspired some women
to at the very least think twice about buying a product that has
mineral in it and opt for something better for their health in hair
I mean but in the end it's really just about me wanting something
better for myself... I demand more from my hair products so
not only does it have to make my hair look great it has to make it
better... mineral oil has no long term benefits to the hair.
I've read studies that prove this...
Now... if they could simply switch the mineral oil for coconut oil...
I would consider switching back to Silicon Mix...
or someone should invent a natural Silicon Mix type of product...
for all you chemists out there...
hook some sisters up huh

Last edited:

I have no idea but if you make it I'll buy it. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee Silicon Mix but really hate all the build up.

Back