Natural or relax!!!

I was transitioning for a couple of months and finally gave up and relaxed in July. I been natural for two years and loved the thickness of my hair in that state. Now that im relaxed i miss the thickness and how easy it was for me to retain length. At the same time im nurturing my relaxed hair but deep inside my heart I want to be natural again but the whole process is annoying when you work and go to school.

BornAgainNatural2012, please visit the relaxed threads for inspiration. We'll take good care of you there. :yep: There's a wealth of knowledge floating around in those threads and all of us are willing to help you. However, we want you to be happy with whatever route you decide, be it natural or relaxed. I'm a lifetime relaxed head and don't recall my natural days. However, many of the relaxed ladies recall their natural days -- maybe they can help you sort this out. I've tagged you in a couple helpful relaxed threads. There's one cool thread called the relaxed buddy thread...you can be my buddy along with the other buddies I'm teamed up with --- Nix08 baddison Cherry89 sunnieb DominicanBrazilian82.

Good luck!

I was transitioning for a couple of months and finally gave up and relaxed in July. I been natural for two years and loved the thickness of my hair in that state. Now that im relaxed i miss the thickness and how easy it was for me to retain length. At the same time im nurturing my relaxed hair but deep inside my heart I want to be natural again but the whole process is annoying when you work and go to school.

BornAgainNatural2012 - I know EXACTLY how you feel. In 2005, I too decided to give up relaxing. I remained natural for 3years, til 2008. That's when I found LHCF. Armed with my new knowledge on how to "properly" care for relaxed hair, I went back to relaxing in 2008. I have not looked back since. And I am happy to say that I am claiming BSL hair for 2013.

I appreciate this community because you can find the support you need no matter how you choose to wear your hair. Its a personal choice that only you can make. But no matter what state you choose, care and maintenance is important for healthy growth. So, welcome to relaxed hair care once again. And by all means, join us in the 'Relaxed Hair Buddy' thread!!:grin::grin:

When i was relaxed i maintained the fullness of my hair by stretching my relaxers. That was the best practice ever.

Good luck on your journey!

I totally see where you are coming from too - I relaxed after being natural for two years, because I felt that when I was natuaral I spent a disporportionate amount of time doing my hair. I have no regrets about relaxing because I like how easy it is to manage my hair even with 9 weeks worth of new growth I find it a lot easier to deal with than my natural hair. Stretching and regular trims definitely helps with maintaining the thickness and retaining length.

I think you can get the best of both worlds by making sure your relaxers are not over processed. Good luck.

Try stretching your relaxers as long as you can stand, as the other poster(s) suggested. Or texlax instead of relaxing bone straight to help maintain thickness. Do whatever you feels is best for your hair/lifestyle.

Back