Natural or ____laxed?

What type hair are you sporting these days?

• Total voters
caters to natural hair only there's this site called . . . .

Hiya,

I knowwwwwww about that site. The founder used to be a member of a Yahoo Group I founded called, drum roll . . . lovinlocks[from when I thought I wanted dreadlocks; still going strong].

I'm cool now; was just curious about some stuff. Curiosity satisfied.

Namaste,

LL

I wish I was natural... but I'm "texturized" or basically Ive been altered.

I try to take advice from naturals more because my hair doesn't behave like my relaxed hair used to. I dont think pople with bone straight hair have the same challenges that I do.

But if I want tips on how to keep my flatironed hair straight I listen to what fully relaxed people have to say.

I'm transitioning to natural. I am learning so much here. I am also learning how to styles at YouTube.com. Your hair is very pretty, so you're doing something right.:yep: Welcome to LHCF!:flowers:

Re: Natural or re/tex/laxed/urized?

I'm curious about the state of hair here. Are you natural or relaxed?

It is my understanding that sodium hydroxide in the hair is a relaxer (at least that's what they teach in the cosmetology schools in this area). :rolleyes: Has that changed-I may be behind the times? I had never heard of "texlaxing" until joining here last week. What is it anyway? Does it not use chemicals? Oh, I just found this quote via Google (which was taken from this forum) ~ "Texlaxing is using whatever relaxer you choose, but only leaving it in for about half the time and not smoothing the relaxer. " So, if this is accurate it is a relaxer, a chemical-based procedure. Yes, it is a relaxer and it is chemical based. :yep:

My interest here is in how to keep natural hair healthy and growing. And, I need to make sure I am reading posts to that affect.
If you want to keep your natural hair healthy and growing, don't put any relaxers or straightening chemicals in it and for most people, less is more. i suggest low or no heat/manipulation but that is up to you and what works for your hair and lifestyle.

good luck.

Back