Natural newbie with heat damage =(

femmedusiecle

Hey guys!
Last week I got my hair blown out and flat ironed by a professional who specializes in natural hair. I washed my hair today and noticed a looser curl pattern through out PLUS chunks of straight hair; some straight ends and some straight strands from the root:perplexed
I low poo'd, a deep conditioned with some Curl Junkie stuff and now I have it flat twisted. I know the flat twist out is going to look bad.
What...should....I....doo0o0o0o0o0o0o?

aww I'm sorry. :/
I'm mad she specializes in natural hair and you STILL got heat damage..she should know the precautions...
but I would try a protein treatment...I hear those help.
I have heat damage, and the only thing I'm doing is transitioning it out. *shrug*

Well, speaking of my own heat-damage (self-inflicted), the straight pieces never did revert. I ended up cutting them off. The loosened curls reverted to my normal curl pattern after a couple of weeks of co-washing.

There's not much you can do but transition the straight pieces out. Some of my heat damaged hair either reverted, turned into their own, looser curl, but the completely straight pieces stayed that way. I cut those out so I can still wear a nice wash and go.

Try DCing more often and wearing your hair in its curly state for a few months.
Now that you know your hair is so prone to heat damage, I would also stay away from the flatiron.

yeah i'm heat damaged too, due to getting a bit too overexcited when I BKT'd. I would reccomend just upping your DCs. My hair now likes protein where before it hated it, so you may need to revamp your entire regimen. :/ it sucks

just what is says, rinsing your hair with beer! that's an old school thing. i think it's supposed to be good for flat hair too.

^^I was just about to suggest a beer rinse as well. Hope it all works out for you.

You could do lots of protein dc's or beer rinses

Ladies, is a beer rinse considered protein or moisture? What are the pros/cons of beer rinsing. Thx!

**off to research beer rinsing**

*Mini Update*

I deep treated last night with:
Rhassoul Clay
Distilled Water
Coconut Cream
Greek Yogurt
Keratin
Aloe Butter
Olive Butter

I rinsed it out and there was no breakage to note! BUT!!! Didn't see any reversion. :ohwell: I'll continue doing the DC's and try a beer rinse. I'm so upset at myself for letting the stylist screw up my hair. I'm getting married in June and I need my hair to be in tip top shape! So, I'm realllly thinking about:
1) Relaxing, starting fresh and doing a long term transition later down the road.
2) Throwing in a full sew in or braids to grow out the heat damage but I'm tired of cutting bc like I said, wedding is coming up and....*sigh* I'm sorry. Just venting bc I'm frustrated and feel pressured with the wedding around the corner. :cry3:

i have a sewn in and my leave - out hair that i flat iron is much looser now, not straight. im 4b, and it looks bushy in some areas and loose curls in others but not damaged, idk. its weird. idk if its heat damage, but im NOT cuttin my hair!

Back