Natural Leave In Conditioner

Quailbird

Hey Ladies,
I'm looking for an all natural leave in conditioner. Right now I'm using Giovanni direct leave-in, but I wanted to see if any of you had any suggestions for a better one or even a recipe for one that you use that works? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I just started putting some SAA into Giovanni leave-in and my hair is like butter. Before I use it though I use my home made moisturizer I learned of here - SAA, glycerin, Aloe juice and either tea tree or grape seed extract. My hair is shiny and fuzz free and the curls are soo soo defined, no longer shrinking up.

I looooooove KimmayTube's leave in formula. 2 Tbs of Aloe Vera Juice, 2 Tbs of Kinky Curly Knot Today, 2 tsp of castor oil and 2 tsp of jojoba oil. I substitute some of the items but it works great. She's on Ytb and there should be references to it in this forum. HTH!

Great thread! I just ordered a bottle of Giovanni Direct, continuing my quest for a great moisturizer. I do have a little bit of the kinky curly knot today left and will try the mix you ladies suggested. I have one question, though...what is SAA?

Great thread! I just ordered a bottle of Giovanni Direct, continuing my quest for a great moisturizer. I do have a little bit of the kinky curly knot today left and will try the mix you ladies suggested. I have one question, though...what is SAA?

Silk Amino Acids - I think you can purchase it at lotioncrafters.com

I looooooove KimmayTube's leave in formula. 2 Tbs of Aloe Vera Juice, 2 Tbs of Kinky Curly Knot Today, 2 tsp of castor oil and 2 tsp of jojoba oil. I substitute some of the items but it works great. She's on Ytb and there should be references to it in this forum. HTH!

I am currently using this formula with the Giovanni instead of the Kinky Curly.

i'm using kimmay's recipe except i dont measure and i dont use castor oil (cos it turned my head into a hot sticky mess), and i use a different leave-in cos there's no 'kinky curly' here. so maybe it's not kimmay's recipe after all...hehehe

I love Kinky Curly Knot Today, as a leave in and moisturizer. When using it as a leave-in it's perfect the way it is, no need to mix with anything!!

currently Im using kimmaytubes leaving made with govanni direct leave in.

but I want to try Jane Carter and oyin handmade juices and berries leave ins

I also use Kimmaytube's leave-in with GDLI instead of KCKT. I can usually get GDLI for around 6 or 7 bucks at Whole Foods, compared to the 13 for KCKT. A few times I have used EVOO instead of jojoba oil, but I always use castor oil. I had actually sworn off castor oil before this recipe, since it was always too heavy for my fine strands, but it works perfectly in this leave-in mix. I absolutely love this concoction and I can truly say I have seen a marked improvement in the hydration of my hair since I began using it in July.

Is GDLI not working for you, OP?

I have several that I am currently enjoying:lick::

Christine Gant's Detangling Hair Milk
Njoi Herbal Leave-In
Alba Botanica Leave-In

*recently purchased KomazaHairCare's Califia Leave-In & another L-I by Komaza, but haven't tried either yet*

It's working. I guess I should adopt an if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it kind of attitude about it I just kind of wanted something that was a little more natural if that makes sense. Like with not so many ingredients.

I'm using Kimmaytube's leave-in mix with Giovanni Direct and castor oil (instead of jojoba oil) as susbtitutes. It works well! I'm also using Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac conditioner and Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner (both wash-out conditioners) as leave-ins! They work well. the first has SAAs in it!

I use Shea Moisture Leave In. I buy it from the BSS.

I use this too i think its better than the Giovanni direct leave-in but it seems to be sold out everywhere in the UK. I'll have to try that Komaza Care Califia leave-in and KimmayTube's formula.

I use the kimmay tube leave in subsituted with Giovanni direct.
Hands down the best leave in for me so far.
I also like Shea moisture but find that it leaves my hair sticky sometimes.

I'm finding that the "Kimmay" Tube leave in is really great. Less breakage and more retention. I use the KCKT and the GDLI versions and find that they both give the same great results.

Back