natural ladies

mahoganee

What type of hair bands or ponytail holders do you use to make your afro puffs, etc? I haven't been able to find anything that will hold my hair without popping. :look: Thanks in advance. Sorry if this has been asked before.

scarf (the popular ones u can wear around ur neck....the long ones...not square ones)or a fat shoestring or any other type of strong string i can find...thats pretty fat or thin elastic band that i can double up

Daisy'sHair said:
Same here, Scunci Thich Hair elastic hair bands are great they have great stretch and I use them all the time to do my puffs. They work so well for me and it holds my puff in place with out giving me a spliting head ache. Check out how it holds I included a link to my puff. :)
(image URL for use on external servers: http://images8.fotki.com/v148/photos/2/239843/1743534/DSCN1027-vi.jpg )

Thanks ladies. Daisy your hair it too cute! Thanks for the link.

I haven't worn my hair 'out' yet, but I purchased a few 'alice' bands, but someone told me my hair would be too thick to hold in them :ohwell:

x

I will have to try the knee hi's. I have the ouchless bands and I can wear them but if I try to double it to pull my hair back tighter it just rolls up and pops off. The woes of a big flat head. :)

Goody ouchless headbands. They're good because you can double them and get it tighter or wear it regularly for a looser fit.

Agreeing with the "Ouchless Headband" ladies. They are too big for my puff, so I end up putting a knot in part of it to make it smaller. Or sewing a button on one end and doubling the headband and looping the button end in the looped in. Holds the puff great!

I use these to make my puff
http://www.tenderheaded.com/metheadban.html

I double one around my neck, slick my hair back with a brush or some water, then I slide the doubled up headband over my hair until the puff is where I want it.

After my puff is formed I sometimes wrap it around one more time to make a snug ponytail.

off topic:
:lol: Shalilac, Get your own avatar and stop stealing mine!!!

Back