Natural ladies who use aloe

butterfli

I had been wearing braids to grow my natural hair out, but I am now up to the challenge of learning how to take care of it and deal with all the THICKNESS. I have been using the aloe gel that everyone is talking about. I have been getting some curl def in the back and wavy in the front (I am assuming due to two different textures). My question is when using the aloe does your hair dry looking crunchy? My hair looks crunchy even though to the feel it is soft. I also used some serum on my hair today to give it a shine, but it made it look like a jerri curl. Any suggestions for a more natural look, but something to give my hair pattern some definition?

[ QUOTE ]
I had been wearing braids to grow my natural hair out, but I am now up to the challenge of learning how to take care of it and deal with all the THICKNESS. I have been using the aloe gel that everyone is talking about. I have been getting some curl def in the back and wavy in the front (I am assuming due to two different textures). My question is when using the aloe does your hair dry looking crunchy? My hair looks crunchy even though to the feel it is soft. I also used some serum on my hair today to give it a shine, but it made it look like a jerri curl. Any suggestions for a more natural look, but something to give my hair pattern some definition?

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried aloe vera gel for definition and over time it made my hair crunchy. I don't use it anymore. /images/graemlins/down.gif

As of today, I'm back to using my Salon Selectives Under Firm Control gel in combination with Salon Selectives Moulding Putty. I went from SS to Aloe Vera gel to Suave Aloe gel and now I'm back at SS. I like to experiment. /images/graemlins/look.gif

There's a couple of threads around here discussing the best products for definition on natural hair. A quick search using the words texture definition or curl definition might bring them up.

Thanks so much SVT. I will do a search and I am also going to try Salon Selectives. I don't mind experimenting and right now it is fun because I like to see my natural hair and all it can do! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Back