Natural ladies, If Denman is the devil...

HKKelly

...then how are you all getting pretty ponies? I haven't learned how to tame my natural hair yet (I transitioned and PS'ed with weaves for 2 years). Now, I just want a simple, natural bun for a few weeks at least. How are you smoothing/detangling your hair for ponies?
Feel free to post pics, just because...thanks in advance!

:look: Who said Denman was the devil? I love my Denman LONG time!!! :lachen:

But, as for other options - I get my best pulled back look on tightly secured slightly damp hair, covered with a scarf til dry. :yep:

I agree with all of what these ladies said! Denman is the truth! Best thing since indoor plumbing!!!

with a baby brush, and Ecostyler gel.

and i don't love the Denman at all. he is the devil to me-he just rips through my fine strands
sorry if that offends any of his baby mommas in this thread.:grin:

I love my Denman brush, but its with the help of my 100% boar bristle brush (I swear it feels like a baby brush) that I get my slicked back pony, which is after Denman has done all the work.

I don't use a brush to smooth back my hair for pulled-back puffs. I use my hands. I've never really cared for slicked back hair unless my hair is pressed straight. I like the softness of fluffy/fuzzy-looking natural hair. Love that halo everyone tries to destroy. I do use a brush for my edges though to "comb them out" so they aren't all beady like the were in this pic*horror*. But I don't use a brush for the length of my hair, nor do I gel edges down.

hands or a boar bristle brush..i stopped using brushes so i use my hands some shea butter/gel n a scarf

Thanks ladies, for all of your replies--
I ran out a couple of years ago and purchased a Denman when I first joined the board (beginning of Pj-ism at it's finest). Then I started wearing weaves and didn't really use it much. Lately, I've been using it on my one-year-old who really has baby fine hair. It was then that I remembered seeing a thread (or maybe two) where folks were saying that it was causing breakage :perplexed, and of course I started analyzing the brush after each time I used it and of course I found some strands. I can't say it's breakage and not shed hairs, that's why I was asking and now for myself as well. Me likey ponies, me no likey breakage:nono:.

I use a hard bristle brush. It's the only thing that works. I never liked to soft bristle/boars hair type brushes. I only use my denman to detangle. Not to pull my hair back.

Back