NATURAL Ladies: Do you allow your man in your hair?? lol

Crystalicequeen123

Well.....do you?? :look: :giggle:

By "in your hair", I'm referring to the myth (or...perhaps the not-such-a-myth :look:) that black women don't want a man (or ANYONE really) touching their hair.

Is having a man's hands (or anyone's hands) in your hair still an issue for you now that you are natural? Or did you find that you disliked people touching your hair or running their hands through or in your hair a problem ONLY when you were relaxed, or wear weaves/wigs/or other hair pieces???

I'm just curious!!! :giggle:

I know a lot of women who go natural say that their "fear of water" touching their hair went away when they transitioned and went natural.

I'm wondering...have you found that your "fear" of people touching your hair or your bf having his hands all up in your hair has gone away now that you are natural? :look:

I do not have a problem with a man touching my hair as a natural. I did not have a problem when I was relaxed; my man did touched my hair. I do not wear wigs/weaves/hair pieces so that is not an issue.

I do have a problem with women petting my hair.

never understood that myth. i mean i don't like when people rub my hair really hard (you know when guys are playing with you and rub your head like you are their little brother- i sort of hate it- i mean, i wouldn't yell a barrage of insults at the person because it still isn't that serious to me, but I would say "stop touching my hair". since they are my friends, i'm not bothered by it though and will laugh about it while rubbing their heads in the same way. or i might playfully hit them. i would just prefer for them not to do that). regular touching is ok to me. relaxed or natural, doesn't matter to me

I don't mind. I just warn them that their hands may end up being a little greasy. :giggle: I love me some coconut oil and castor oil.

I absolutely love it. It's nice to feel that caress. That nice scalp massage and a lil hair pulling never hurts either :giggle: I love the look of desire that a man has when I allow him to touch my hair and massage the scalp. They have this look like :lick: which I think is a curiosity. They love it!

Now, when I was relaxed I didn't want my BF all in my head. Didn't want to mess up my style..I had enough spritz in there anyway, it wouldn't have felt all silky as it looked :lol: With a weave..nah never. I know, and he knows it's a weave..but I don't feel like it's sexy rubbing around feeling trackss

I cant seem to keep them out of it now that Im natural. Once I have a puff my b/fs hands are gonna be in it squishing away while we watch TV.

he nvr rlly played in my hair wen I was relaxed ... go figure

I've always loved to have people in my head when I was natural and relaxed. Now that I'm transitioning only my bf and mom can touch my jair because anybody else might cause unnecessary tangles. Bit it's so soothing to feel fingers on my scalp!

I love it!!!!! I just adore when my man plays in my hair and I have no taboo about touching weave or anything

I cared nothing for my relaxed hair...DH could touch it, pull it, rip it out & I didn't care! My napps are very special to me...I don't want ANYBODY touching my hair! ...& yet he can't keep his hands out of it! Protective styling keeps his hands at bay most of the time...he's one of the reasons I PS religiously!

I never had a problem with people touching my hair. I really like it, actually. Now that I'm natural, it hasn't changed, though my SO does touch is less often. I guess because he cant run his fingers through it. But he loves to run his fingers through it when it's straight. The only thing I hate is when people PET my hair/head. lol

My hair usually felt oily or dry when I had a relaxer so NO ONE was allowed to touch it! I definitely didn't want DH feeling my tracks when I had a weave (he could help me take it out though :lol:) But now that I'm natural he's really curious and when he gets home (military) I know he's going to have his hands in it. He loved my curls when I was transitioning

nothing like a hand full of fro while coloring.....:giggle:.....:look: yes he touches my hair...hell my home boys like to "pat" my fro each time they see me..smh

I didn't mind when I was relaxed and my hair was fresh. If I had new growth I might've minded a little bit. When I had a weave I didn't care because I knew it wasn't going to slip or anything and he knew it was a weave. Touch at your own risk. A wig however he better not touch and if I know I'm going to be cuddling with a boo I don't wear them. As a natural I don't mind at all. I encourage it, lol.

I have always loved having people (i.e. friends, mom, bf) play in my hair! And now that I'm transitioning I'm still the same way.

Although I will say that if I just flat ironed my hair no one is touching it. My hair gets oily enough on it's own, I don't need any extra oils from peoples hands!

I cant seem to keep them out of it now that Im natural. Once I have a puff my b/fs hands are gonna be in it squishing away while we watch TV.

he nvr rlly played in my hair wen I was relaxed ... go figure

same! my b/f didn't play with my hair at all when it was relaxed and he all of a sudden he went crazy when i did my BC. i got braids recently and it's gotten even worse, haha.
giggle.gif

I just took my weave out and my man was all up in my hair last night. He said that he loves smelling it and feeling how soft it is. He doesn't really like my weaves and lacefronts because he feels like he can't play in them. He hates when I wear straight hair because it's so unnatural looking, he doesn't mind the kinky curly weaves quite as much.

I love when he plays in my (real) hair.

I didnt know/hadnt heard that this was the norm for black women

Im always playing in my friends hair - like always, from a kid.
i have 3 friends that looooove their hair played in, like once u start they dont want u to stop - 2 are relaxed and one has locs

I dont mind it. I actually like it a lot, even the pulling but thats just me :look:
My bf is afraid of the puff though, lol, he only touches it when he doesn't realize he's doing it

I always allow and love it when my man touches my natural hair. He's always in my PUFF! But if I'm in a wig: HANDS OFF!!

when i was relaxed i did not want anyone touching my hair. now that im natural my man can be all up in it.

I'm usually the one in others' hair. But I don't mind that my BF pulls on my twists for hours at a time when we are watching movies together. Its only fair since I am constantly in his head too. When I was relaxed, he only saw me and my hair for one week before he left (long distance relationship). So he didn't really have a chance to touch my hair since we were getting to know each other. The next time he saw me, I had just gone through my BC.

it depends.
if i'm in a weave, definitely not. or really any intricate style, hell naw. stay out.

but if i'm not, then by all means, tug, pull, whatever. i like pulling.

Blech, I hate people touching my hair! I really don't like it at all. Although (lol), I can't keep my own hands out of my head!

Relaxed, flat ironed or natural I let my man touch my hair. I'll grab his hands and put them in my head right now if it wasn't wet.

I don't mind hands in my hair if they're touching as a compliment...
But just playin' around & causing tangles for no reason? ehh, no thanks.

Back