Natural heads: What flatiron do you use?

conebread

.......?

I'm currently using the GVP flat iron. I'm looking to buy a FHI soon. My cousin has one (the runway) and I was in love :grin: when I tried it out. But I was reading the reviews of the Sedu(s) and they sound convincing, too.

So what flat iron do yall use? Also, if you've used or are using any of the bolded can you let me know which was the better of the two?

TIA.

I used to use the Chi but sadly July 3, 2010 it went to flat iron heaven :(

I've never used the FHI or Sedu so I'm not much help there.

I use a CHI. Will be shopping for an alternative soon. I like my CHI, but dislike that I can't control the temperature (it gets very HOT). Seriously, that thing smokes, it gets so hot.

Babyliss ceramix and biosilk.

Babyliss gets hotter (which is a plus for me) but biosilk is better quality.

FHI Runway.
Solia. I rotate with whatever is close at hand.

If they give out, I will try Sedu.
I love them both but I have to go with the Runway in 1st place.

I use a GHD flat iron.... My hair has never been straighter. I love it. I only recommend it for healthy natural hair because it doesn't have a temp control. It supposedly adjust to hair texture. I also love the FHI Platform. I have an FHI EPS and it's good also but I like the platform better. I flat ironed my cousins hair with the GHD and it was like silk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M6uTJwPuBM

I just bought the Hana Professional...I'll let ya know how it is...

Yep I have the hana Professional too used it twice once while comb chasing and it saved me from cutting what I thought were ssk's it gets nice and hot no burnt hair smells and I use the shine shield with it. I love that thing.

Solia and maxiglide. I had a sedu, but it just didn't work for my hair even when i was texlaxed. seemed that it didn't get hot enough or something, the solia gets hotter and does better job on my hair.

to all the ladies with the fhi runaway how much did u guys pay for the iron i only found one for almost 400 is that accurate??????

The CHI and the Maxiglide. Both are great, the CHI for a super straight silky look, and Maxiglide for a thicker more textured look. I love them both! Don't know about the other ones you mentioned.

I have a maxiglide. I've only used it once, but I was very satisfied with the results. I didn't use the steam part of it, but I loved the little teeth. To me it eliminates the need for the comb chase method.

I have a GHD. I have used a Maxiglide but didn't like it, I'm tenderheaded and the straightening pins weren't working for me.

Yall making me want to flat iron now, especially after seeing that video. I have the sedu 1.5 inch. I wish it was 1 in. Anyways I had great results while relaxed but have only used once as a natural and didn't know what the heck I was doing lol. I may need to revist....

The Maxiglide.

Why? The little teeth, but make sure you use small sections of hair. I use the steam feature and there is a difference between dry heat and the moisture that is left in my strands.

The teeth are convenient and I don't use a small tooth comb.

The Maxiglide in my opinion provides a quick, detangling, smooth job.

AA

Back