Natural Hair Perfume

SmilingElephant

I have this idea that i want to try.....

I'm thinking about mixing oils together to make hair perfumes/moisture sealers.

Like i was thinking about mixing a carrier oil like evoo or evco and add like jasmine or lavendar essential oils and use it to seal in my shea butter moisturizer....any of the ladies on here ever try this?

I have this idea that i want to try.....

I'm thinking about mixing oils together to make hair perfumes/moisture sealers.

Like i was thinking about mixing a carrier oil like evoo or evco and add like jasmine or lavendar essential oils and use it to seal in my shea butter moisturizer....any of the ladies on here ever try this?

I have added jasmine oil to jojoba oil before. I used it on my skin and my hair (for sealing). My hubby was always sniffing at me. I ran out of it but you've reminded me. I think I'll buy some more. :yep:

I have been experimenting lately with a violet scent and placing it in my butters and some none scented oils. I am liking the results so far. I will try the Castor oil to see how that works. I think it is a great idea.

My ACV rinses usually have lavender EO and rosemary EO in them, and while you can smell the EOs when wet they fade a little and usually all I smell is conditioner once my hair dries. I don't use anything on my hair afterward so I just retain the conditioner smell. The other day I forgot I'd used Organix Pomegranate and was looking around for what that fruity dessert was. :giggle:

I've been using different oil scents with my shea butter when I do my twists. After I cowash, detangle, and dry a little, I take quarter size amounts of shea, shake out a few drops of oil, emulsify, and apply. My twists have been smelling really nice lately, lol. My favorite so far have been lavender and rosemary.

I'm too lazy to mix up my own products. But I found a beauty store product that I use as my hair "perfume." Proclaim Olive Oil Hair Glosser (from Sally's) smells wonderful (not at all like a hair product or olive oil). It smells like a great perfume and the bonus is that it gives my hair great shine without weighing my hair down or giving it a sticky feeling. And it even helps keep moisture in my hair.

I use it almost everyday as my "finishing" step before leaving the house. I'm very particular about smells and will not use a product (no matter how well it works) if it smells bad. And numerous people I know always compliment me on how my hair always smells so nice. It's not the only product I use that smells good, but it takes it to the next level. Can you tell I love this stuff?

Back