Natural Hair=More Product Needed?

dicapr

I just put a demi-permenant color in my hair and I ran out of color at the top of my hair! It should be o.k. because it was close to my natural color and I basically wanted some shine and grey coverage. The thing is that was the same amount of product I used when I was relaxed and I never ran out. Does natural hair need more products or is my hair longer than I thought? Maybe it is time for a lenght check.

You know I think you're on to something here... my colour does run out and I add a bit of water to get more coverage

I just put a demi-permenant color in my hair and I ran out of color at the top of my hair! It should be o.k. because it was close to my natural color and I basically wanted some shine and grey coverage. The thing is that was the same amount of product I used when I was relaxed and I never ran out. Does natural hair need more products or is my hair longer than I thought? Maybe it is time for a lenght check.
:yep: Post some pics too.

I'm the odd one out - still using the same amount of product.

No you are not imagine things. The denseness, thickness and trying to cover every strand with some products you are going to use more.

If you hair is getting thicker that means more strands, more strands mean more product.

I am noticing that with the length, thickness and denseness I have to use more product to get to the saturation point. For example when I have my hair in big twists or braids and I want to make sure that have been sprayed completely with my daily moisturizer I may have to loosen the braid or twists or continuously spray it in order to reach the saturation point I want.

When I had relaxed hair, it was thick but not as dense and because it was relaxed the saturation point was much quicker.

Welcome to the world of natural hair. Just something we are learning about our hair as we spend more time with it natural.:grin:

Does natural hair need more products

Yes, I've found this to be true too. My natural hair likes "heavier", creamier products. When my hair was relaxed/texturized those saame products would stick to my hair together like glue. It's a totally different ballgame with natural hair. If I don't apply enough, it sits there dry & laughing at me. :lachen:

Yes, I definitely need more product now that I'm natural. I use conditioners by the gallon :grin:, but that's ok, because I love buying new products anyway!!!

I thought it was just me and that made something was wrong with my hair. I was like :whyme:something's not right here.

Back