Natural Hair: First Rollerset (Pics)

Quailbird

So I wanted to wear my hair in a stretched pony tail so I figured a rollerset would do ( i did not intend to flat iron my roots). For what I planned, it was a fail, but it'll be great for flat ironing in December. Anyway, here are the pictures:
After taking out the rollers
View attachment 75396
After combing it out so I could wrap it (that didn't happen. Couldn't get it to wrap to save my life).
View attachment 75398
ETA: I guess I should give more info on the rollerset. I used magnetic rollers of various sizes and Giovanni direct leave in diluted. I got a little lazy so it didn't come out how I wanted to. Next time I won't use the mohawk method and will just part it in half. I figured out that if I put the roller in the middle of the hair and wrap the rest around the roller, I got better tension, but I still got lazy. I have a lot more hair than I thought and I got tired. It'll be better next time, I know. I'll use bigger rollers all over and probably take a break or two when I get tired.

Last edited:
Did you use any products? What type of rollers did you use. Did you put them in with a little tension?

Sorry 'bout all the questions. I think it would have worked (looking at the smoothness from the 1st picture). There's a trick to rollersetting natural hair. I haven't tried it, yet. But I was a darn good rollersetter when I was relaxed.

Hope others chime in with suggestions.

Back