Natural bun? Help me

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
ok 4a natural just did my first phony bun w/ the baggie. My hair is short 6-7in with shrinkage I barley make it into the ponytail holder. The thing is i like my bun to be smooth around the edges but i like to avoid brushing too often because my edges ar naturally thin and i am working on them to get them fuller if possible. just a few questions:
1. would i be wrong if i didn't take it down for 2wks. trying to take the less manipulation route.
2. can i just spritz the edges with moisturizer re oil the baggy and keep going or is it an absolute that i should conditioner wash wkly?
3.can i just rinse in the ponytail reapply product the edges and the baggie and keep it moving?
look.gif

basically i'm saying How can i maintain a bun on short natural hair.I'm trying to wash less because want to avoid detangling because i seem to be loosing alot lately the no comb thing doesnt work for me i end up with mini dreds

I'm not a natural, but I do bun my hair. What may help your edges is wearing a silk scarf at night. This will help smooth them out and make for a better looking ponytail.

Also, tying it down at night will help preserve your style so you won't have to redo it every morning. I have done this for at least a week... then I must wash because I'm neurotic about such things
laugh.gif
. I have never done the baggie method so maybe someone else can school you on the cons of keeping this up for two wks straight, but I just wanted to let you know that you low to no manipulation idea is on the right track.

Hope this helped a little...
smirk.gif

youre not alone miss portugal...ive found that a two tiered ponytail helps with smoothing the edges...i saw the idea in someone's album and i tried it and it worked! although i needed three tiers cuz my hair is super thick...but all you do is gather up most of the hair in the middle of your head leaving the hair on the edges out all the way around and secure it in a ponytail holder, then you can get teh gell or pomade or whatever you use and smooth the edges down and pull them into the original pony tail and wrap another hair tie around it....did that make sense??

anyway, it worked really well for me...it would be a good way to make sure the middle of your hair gets moisturized daily as well...

im not quite sure how the baggie thing works, though i would like to try it...

I just looked at your album, and the cornrows going back into a bun were nice. I'm thinking that the cornrows would be less stressful on your edges & on the hair that goes into the ponytail holder. You can rinse, apply product, use a scarf to keep them smooth, and still do the baggie method.

i dont know if the natural bun is gonna work at this length because my head was hurting like heck and i didn't even use that many pins. I may have to use the cornrowbun or the twist bun.

THE BAGGIE METHOD IS THE BOMB!!!! my ends are so soft and moisturized. I might have to moisturize my whole head and walk around with a plastic bag. well naw i don't want a greasy neck but my ends are nice

I've also have been trying to figure out how to do the baggie thing with short natural hair. I bought a phony pony that I'm dying to wear. I did it for one day & my head was throbbing by the time I got home from work. Mind you, my hair is not as long as yours so I was really stretching it trying to pull off a ponytail. I figure I need more length before I try again. If you find a method that works out I would love to hear about it.

lmao, your gonna look like you have a jerri curl walking around with that plastic cap!

but have you tried doig it back while your hair was nice? i think it would help if you combed it back w/ a wide tooth comb first, then brushed to smooth. that way you could minimize brushing and sabe your edges =)

Back