natural 4abs please post your reggies

tyte curlz

Can you please post your regimen here. I know that everything doesn’t work for everybody but if I can take a few tips here and there and incorporate them it will become better overall. I have looked through the coarse hair thread as well as the 4ab natural support thread and have found several good tips. What I am looking for is either posting your regimen here or posting a link if it’s in your fotki or journal. Basically can you break it down for me like if its use is for a protein or moisturizer are you using this to seal or whatever. The young lady who starts the boot camp threads has a very helpful journal were she tells the product name and its use. Also can you tell me how often you use it like Mon Wed Fri I co wash with _______ then apply__________ and seal _________. Basically I’m looking for as much detail and specifics as possible
Thanks ladies for all your help

Someone else started a thread like this a few days ago - let me see if I can find it and bump it for you....

I shampoo, condition, detangle, and blowdry my hair every 2 weeks. I use the following products:

Shampoo: Generic Nexxus Therappe

Conditioner: I am currently using Silk Elements Cholesterol, I don't really like it, but I decided to try it after I used up my previous conditioner Motions Moisture Plus. After using it up I won't be buying it again

After detangling, I spray my hair with Infusium 23 and got2be hot smooth flat iron & blowdry lotion and then blowdry my hair in sections. Then I apply grease and plait up my hair.

Throughout the week, I wear my hair in a fro like the pic in my avatar. I also apply Blue Magic coconut oil grease or Hot 6 Oil to my hair every other day.

1. I wash once with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treament, rinse
  2. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar from a spray bottle. Let sit for 3 minutes, rinse.
  3. If looking for moisture, apply queen helene cholestoral. Let sit for 30 minutes with baggy.
  4. If looking for protein, apply UBH protein conditioner. Under the dryer for 30 minutes.
  5. Appply my mixture of glycerin and 100% aloe vera and seal with castor oil.
  6. Air dry.
I wash weekly.

I massage my hair daily and apply the essential oil blend for growth.

I only have about 3 inches of hair. I'm wearing a phony pony weave ponytail now. I did a BC in May and my bangs hit my eyebrows and nose bridge.

HTH and HHG

Last edited:
- I use V05 Strawberries & Cream to co-wash 2-7x/wk, then plait my hair to air-dry

- I moisturize with diluted Giovanni Direct (in a spray bottle) & seal w/ jojoba oil; I do this daily

- I wash w/ shampoo when needed (I do this before I deep condition; usually on a Sat.)

- I deep condition for 30-45min. if I'm under a dryer, 1 hr. if I just use a shower cap. I prefer oil (Castor or Coconut), but also use cholesterol (moisture), Moisture Maniac (moisture), and Dumb Blonde (protein); I do this 1-3x/wk

HTH!

1. I apply OJON overnight to my hair
  2. I mix: Castor Oil, Olive Oil and Emu oil, apply to my hair, cover with a shower cap and sit under the dryer for 10 minutes
  3. I shampoo, condition: I recently started using Redken stay soft line
  4. I apply the stay soft heavy cream, add ORS replenishing pak, sit under the dryer for 10 mins.
  5. I rinse with COLD water (:sad:)
  6. I appy hair mayonnaise, and put hair in bantu knots to dry overnight.
  7. First day after wash, I apply ojon to hair (similar to the old school grease application) I put hair in bantu knots as protective style for the night.
  8. Second day after wash, I apply hair mayonnaise.
  9. Third day after wash, I apply Carols Daughter healthy butter.
  10. Fourth day, I apply Castor Oil.
  11. Fifth day, I wash again...
Bantu knots at night are my new best friend. I use them to achieve a looser curl on my natural hair, or with my straight hair to achieve ringlets.

• Every 2 weeks I poo and DC with a protein treatment or moisturizing conditioner. I then plait or braid my hair in very small parts.
  • I co-wash daily - sometimes I use a bar soap to get my scalp clean if the need arise. The braiding of my hair in small parts allow me to co-wash daily because I do not have to comb my hair.

Back