Natural (4a/4b in particular)

delitefulmane

Ladies, I need some inspiration because I feel really discuraged about being able to grow my hair longer. I have not had it pressed in a while and I feel that I will be disappointed when I go to get it done. Will some of you natural ladies with signifcant progress post some progress pics, PLEASE? Sort of like before and after pics.

Ladies, I need some inspiration because I feel really discuraged about being able to grow my hair longer. I have not had it pressed in a while and I feel that I will be disappointed when I go to get it done. Will some of you natural ladies with signifcant progress post some progress pics, PLEASE? Sort of like before and after pics.

why do you feel like you will be disappointed?

Well irresistible, I have been in Ecuador and I have only been wearing puffs. Are they more harmful than helpful?

I think they can be but still natural hair can sometimes be stronger and endure more so you might be surprised

I remember my first transition, it had only been four months and I wasnt expecting nothing much, but I got it done just to see it and I was so surprised, so was my mother and my hair dresser, I was at neck length with a good trim and it was FULL AND HEALTHY!

that was a first for me and the first time in a long time that I wanted to show of my hair!

so the point is you might be surprised!

From here to there, in 16 months - and my hair grows SLOW.

2253564121_31d32d0d6f_m.jpg
2254362254_64ea1cf2c3_m.jpg

As long as your keeping your hair moisturized and not pulled back tightly, then you should have made progress.

I'm not sure what you consider significant progress, but here is mine:

1yearcomp.jpg

Then I chopped of a few inches in Feb 08

junecomp.jpg

Well, it's not as long as it used to be but it's mine :) I'm more 4b/a.
My siggy has my latest updates plus the link to my album which has pics from over the years. Our type grows...just needs more TLC :) Good luck and keep your head up... ;)

My progress is also in my siggy.

I have comparison pics in my fotki as well (also listed in my siggy line, below).

My progress pics are in my siggy. Im a 4a/4b natural.

My hair doesnt like puffs as my ends are out and its hard for me to retain growth. I do better with my hair in a baggy covered with a phony pony or in two strand twists. I dont believe that a puff is a protective style and the way my hair reacts....I dont think it believes that either :nono:

My progress pics are in my siggy. Im a 4a/4b natural.

My hair doesnt like puffs as my ends are out and its hard for me to retain growth. I do better with my hair in a baggy covered with a phony pony or in two strand twists. I dont believe that a puff is a protective style and the way my hair reacts....I dont think it believes that either :nono:

I thought my hair was the only one. As much as I love puffs I can only wear a puff once a week maybe. My ends get hard and dry. My hair loves the baggy but I only do that over night about every other night.

If I do wear puffs I have to cowash like everyday or they end up a dry hard mess. Feel free to visit my fotki the info is in my profile. I really haven't made a whole lot of progress (for various reasons) but my hair is an okay length. Give you hair lots of moisture if you are going to wear puffs consistently.

I'm a 4b. For progress see my fotki, the hair cut in the pre-2007 picture vs. my last length check.

For puffs, I definitely get more tangles, but I do it sometimes anyway. For my hair, I cannot moisturize loose hair in a puff. That's essentially like me wetting my hair and letting it dry loose, which is a no-no. :nono: Either I apply nothing throughout the week if I'm just going to cover for the night and not twist up, or I can apply something at night right before twisting it up for the night if I am twisting it up for the night.

Back