Natural 4 a/b Protective Styles (No Braids)???

Sunshine0801

Hey ladies!

I'm looking for protective styles for my 4 a/b hair that I can wear right after I wash it that do not involve braids. I usually wash, plait, and wear a braidout on the weekend or a couple of weeks later, and then wash again after a few days. I'm kind of tired of wearing braids and braidouts, and I'm wondering if it is possible for me to wear buns as a protective style or will I get tangles, knots, and matting if I don't braid my hair up right after I wash it?

Any natural 4 a/b ladies out there who don't wear braids or twists most of the time? :look:

I would think with the length that your hair is at, you should be able to make one HUGE twist, and make a ponytail based bun off of that. I normally have twists, of some sort, in my hair, though, and figure even when I'm bunning it, it'll be a single twist bun.

I would think with the length that your hair is at, you should be able to make one HUGE twist, and make a ponytail based bun off of that. I normally have twists, of some sort, in my hair, though, and figure even when I'm bunning it, it'll be a single twist bun.

Thanks for the suggestion. :) I'll definitely give it a try.

Have you tried the single twist on wet hair? If so, have you had problems with matting?

Thanks for the suggestion. :) I'll definitely give it a try.

Have you tried the single twist on wet hair? If so, have you had problems with matting?

Oooh, I wish I could!! My hair is SO not long enough for a single twist - I can barely get 8 twists in without them popping apart. When I do my multiple twists on wet hair, it's on detangled, deshedded hair, and no, no matting.

I would think though, if you detangled them fully, like you would for smaller twists, it would stay untangled........

Oooh, I wish I could!! My hair is SO not long enough for a single twist - I can barely get 8 twists in without them popping apart. When I do my multiple twists on wet hair, it's on detangled, deshedded hair, and no, no matting.

I would think though, if you detangled them fully, like you would for smaller twists, it would stay untangled........

I'm going to try this, so hopefully I won't have any matting problems!

Thanks. :)

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I'm natural and usually 5 days out the week my hair is in a bun. I've never had any problems with tangles, matting or knots. You should be able to do your's in a bun pretty easily.

Back