Nashville Ladies! Get In Here

PinkyD

Hi:grin:

I have been on this board for a short time,but I feel the need to get to know those surrounding me. Any Nashville ladies out there? I'm about 15 minutes east of the city. I think it would be great for us to know one another (in an online way at least:look:). I thought about this as I searched surrounding TJ-Maxx stores looking for Rusk Sensories Passion Fruit Leave-In. Wouldn't it be awesome if another member knew where to find this at a local store...:rolleyes:

Of course I don't want to do a roll call for only selfish reasons:lachen:. Come on in ladies! Check in..., are you relaxed or natural, where do you find the best products, is there any place other than Hunny Beez (5 minutes a way from me :grin:) that has awesome products?

Me first:
I'm transitioning from texlaxed to natural, i'm in a few challenges, and I am attempting to reach APL by December:grin:.

I plan on transitioning without doing a Big Chop. My staples products happent to be AO White Camelia (as a leave in and DC), V-05 Tea Therapies for cowashing,shea butter, and various oils (coconut, jojoba, almond, castor). I also use KCKT sparingly.

Hey, lady!

I don't live in Nashville anymore, but I can still help if you need any.

I see that you already know about Hunnee B'z! You should try Whole Foods (Body) in the Green Hills area and also Trader Joe's on Hillsboro Pike. At Trader Joe's, you can get the Nourish Spa Conditioner (which is great), for like $2.99 a bottle. At Whole foods, they sell the Kinky Curly line, and other natural products like Aubrey Organics, Nature's Gate, etc.

Also, if you want to find the Rusk, you can try the Marshall's on Charlotte Pike (over beside the Best Buy, Target, DSW, etc).

I tried there....none so far. It's also in the opposite direction of me, so I tend not to travel out there. Lol, I got my Kinky Curly at Whole Foods by Green Hills along with herbs. I noticed Nashville lacks awesome things like ULTA, It seems as if Memphis etc. have such great things. Thanks for the suggestions :)

I tried there....none so far. It's also in the opposite direction of me, so I tend not to travel out there. Lol, I got my Kinky Curly at Whole Foods by Green Hills along with herbs. I noticed Nashville lacks awesome things like ULTA, It seems as if Memphis etc. have such great things. Thanks for the suggestions :)

There is an Ulta in the Nashville area. Murfreesboro, um a mall near Thompson ln. I used to live in Clarksville.

Lol, That is a good ways away from me in antioch, i'm thinking within maybe 15 miles of nashville.

I am such a lurker these days but I saw the Rusk at RiteAid on Smith Springs Road, right beside Compton's grocery. Good luck! :)

Come on other Nashville ladies... introduce yourself! Howdy ricochet, I know there have to be more Nashville LHCfers in here....

Hi ladies,

I live in Lavergne right outside of Nashville. I'm 100% natural currently using the BKT treatment to keep my hair straight. I'm glad to see the Nashville area ladies in the house...

I normally shop at TJ Maxx in Antioch. I also buy my Indian products at the Indian store on Bell road across from Krogers. I get my soap, powers, and oils from there.

I'm glad to hear that we have a Trader's Joe here. I'm definitely interested in their vitamins.

Meee toooooooooooooooo! I love that Indian store, does the man in there seem confused everytime you eneter?

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if someone else posted; but there is an Ulta in Murfreesboro. Sounds like a long way but it really isn't.

Hi ladies,

I live in Lavergne right outside of Nashville. I'm 100% natural currently using the BKT treatment to keep my hair straight. I'm glad to see the Nashville area ladies in the house...

I normally shop at TJ Maxx in Antioch. I also buy my Indian products at the Indian store on Bell road across from Krogers. I get my soap, powers, and oils from there.

I'm glad to hear that we have a Trader's Joe here. I'm definitely interested in their vitamins.

I go to that indian store as well. Have you noticed that he doesn't carry as many powders anymore, or are all of yall going in there and buying up everthing? hehe

Why doesn't he have Maka or Brarigrahj (SP?). I haven't been there in a bit, I noticed his Henna supply is off....

Why doesn't he have Maka or Brarigrahj (SP?). I haven't been there in a bit, I noticed his Henna supply is off....

No idea, I had to order online and pay shipping. The next time I go by there I am going to ask him why he doesn;t have it any longer.

I'm relaxed . . . texlaxed, kind of . . . okay, maybe just underprocessed but texlaxed is my preference. lol I don't shop at a lot of places. I'm trying to keep it simple but mostly I buy products from Sally's and Whole Foods. I have achieved a good amount of length from my time on here but I would just like to have strong, healthy, shiny hair. I love coconut oil!!! For my hair and body. :)

Hey Nashville Ladies!
I am currently transitioning. I basically live at the junction of Nashville, Brentwood, and Antioch, if that makes since. It's great for a product junky because there are at least 6 different hair stores within 5 minutes of my house:grin:. Hands down, though my favorite store is Hair World on Mt. View. Not only is it one of the bigger stores, the owners are sooo nice! And the little Korean lady actually told me that she would order whatever they don't have, because she wants to cater to the customer! How sweet! Also if you're into cheap jewelry and accessories they have tons and tons and tons. If I can't find it here, I usually can't find it. The big pink store across from Hickory Hollow (the name escapes me right now) carries some of my favorite NYX cosmetics.

Hey Nashville Ladies!
I am currently transitioning. I basically live at the junction of Nashville, Brentwood, and Antioch, if that makes since. It's great for a product junky because there are at least 6 different hair stores within 5 minutes of my house:grin:. Hands down, though my favorite store is Hair World on Mt. View. Not only is it one of the bigger stores, the owners are sooo nice! And the little Korean lady actually told me that she would order whatever they don't have, because she wants to cater to the customer! How sweet! Also if you're into cheap jewelry and accessories they have tons and tons and tons. If I can't find it here, I usually can't find it. The big pink store across from Hickory Hollow (the name escapes me right now) carries some of my favorite NYX cosmetics.

Hey this is close to where I live. What do you think about the Hair shop on the corner of Bell Rd and Murfreesboro Road on top of the hill. They have some good wig styles in there.

Hey Nashville Ladies!

I live down the road from hair world. They have Silicon Mix! I should ask them to order some lacio lacio

Hey Nashville Ladies!

I think you are talking about Kim's.

I live down the road from hair world. They have Silicon Mix! I should ask them to order some lacio lacio

I was thinking that very same thing when I when I was in the "Gel" aisle the other day. I've been wanting to try Silicon Mix. How do you like it?

Back