Naptrl's Pressed Hair Photos!!!!

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Okay ladies...I have 3 pics of my pressed hair. They're in the March 2005 Album. No my hair isn't layered!! Why does it loooook layered? I don't know! UGH!!! I blowdried and flatironed my hair to get this style. NO pressing comb. Used WGO.

http://public.fotki.com/awomansglory
PW:jesussaves

I think you might have to type it in twice! I'll fix that!

naptrl

Thanks, MsKendra, SO1913, and Cincy!

Cincy, I used a regular old gold n hot flat iron...It's about to tear up! I need a new one. I can't even adjust the heat on this one so it doesn't get very hot.

WOW!!! You did a fantastic job!! I wish I can flat iron my hair myself...maybe one day I will be able to do so. Right now my mom presses my hair...and she does a great job...so I don't want to ruin it.

You'll be at bra-strap in no time!

Wow, lovely healthy shiny hair - You look lovely!!!

Did you use anything on your hair before you flat ironed it?

You did a great job! That looks professional. I have a gold N Hot ceramic iron, I love it but it gets really hot, you would need a heat protectant if you used it.

nurseN98 said:
You did a great job! That looks professional. I have a gold N Hot ceramic iron, I love it but it gets really hot, you would need a heat protectant if you used it.

really? am I thinking about the right flat iron? Does it run about 20 bucks at Sallys? If so, I have one and my hair laughed at it when I was permed...LOL.

Girl, your hair looks so pretty, and the back is like :love: :notworthy ! You betta know how to use a flatiron. I wish you could do my hair:yep:.

AWWW you guys are sooo sweet! I used wild growth oil on my hair for those who asked. I didn't use a heat protectant. What IS a heat protectant anyway? :) Yeah, I used the flat iron from Sally's...$20.00! Now you see why I had a pressing disaster. My hair gets straight with that little iron, so those marcel irons were killin it!!! UGH!!

OH and my hair is NOT layered!! I don't know why it loooooks soo layered, but the hair dresser SAAAAYYYS that it's even! Maybe I should show her these pics!!

DelightfulFlame said:
really? am I thinking about the right flat iron? Does it run about 20 bucks at Sallys? If so, I have one and my hair laughed at it when I was permed...LOL.

Yes girl, Gold N Hot ceramic iron. My hair used to laugh at the old metal one too but I bought the ceramic one in February. I needed something quick but I didn't want to get the really cheap ones cause they suck. So I bought one for $20 and that sucker gets HOT! I used a lot of heat protectant but when I was doing it, I thought for sure at least some of my coils would be gone forever. But they came back! I was going to buy one of the more expensive ones when I got back but I don't think I need to, it works fine and straightens pretty well.

Naptrl, your hair looks layered to me....it's very pretty though, you don't like layers?

I use heat protectant because my iron gets really hot and I don't want any heat damage. But if your iron doesn't get that hot and you've never had any probs with it, don't worry about it.

Nurse: No, it's not layered. Well, It's not supposed to be. When the hairdresser cut it, it was straight. but when I curl it it looks layered. I like layers on other people, but I dont want layers right now since I'm growing my hair out! I used a curling Iron to get these tighter curls, so maybe if I wore it completely straight it wouldn't look layered....who knows?! :)

Back