Nanokeratin Machine: Should I buy it?!

lilikoi

URGENTLY NEED YOUR ADVICE:

I have an opportunity to buy this:

http://store.gladysimageplace.com/tanagra-nanokeratinizing-system-kit.html

It's the manchine used to apply the Tanagra nanokeratin treatment. It retails for over $600, it's on ebay for $399, and I could get it for $150.00 with 18 treatments (you only need 3 per 6-12 months). Depending on the salon, each treatment can be $50-100. I'm so tempted!

BTW, THIS IS NOT A BKT!
I've done extensive research on this treatment and it's essentially a two step protein treatment. First keratin is applied to dry hair in microdroplets (I really don't believe they're nano sized) using the machine to improve dispersion and penetration, then in step 2 the hair is "sealed" with a special mix (includes amino silicones) that polymerizes once is dry to keep the newly applied keratin in place. The process does not use high heat at any step.

So,what do you guys think?

I need advice quick! Must decide tonight!

TIA

I guess if I could understand the why of it, I might be able to better help in deciding. I mean, if it's just a protein treatment, how does it benefit more than using any other protein treatment that does not require a special machine?

Have you had it done before professionally? I suppose unless you had a first hand experience of trying it out I wouldn't suggest it because researching it and then experiencing it is two different things.

I guess if I could understand the why of it, I might be able to better help in deciding. I mean, if it's just a protein treatment, how does it benefit more than using any other protein treatment that does not require a special machine?

The why is just that my hair is breaking at such a terrifying rate that I'm desperate, and therefore not very rational (will try to post picture tonight). That's why I need some unbiased advice.

I've done conventional protein treatments (and moisture as needed) and I haven't seen dramatic improvement yet. The only thing that helped a little has been the CREDE ID ppt treatment I did last week: breakage has somewhat slowed down. BKT is out of the question for now--In fact, it's what started this (I blame the excessive heat I used for the damage I'm experiencing on my relaxed ends).

What got me excited about this treatment is the fact that smaller protein chains are more likely to repair tiny cracks in the hair, also the 2nd step is different from other treatment--It helps keep the keratin in place (kind of like the way formaldehyde polymerizes the keratin in the BKT).

I've read tons of reviews, mostly on caucasian hair, mostly from New Zealand and Australia where the treatment is very popular. Most people are happy with the results.

So, I don't know...:perplexed

Is it this?

http://www.nanokeratinusa.com/

Because that is a BKT. It says so in the advertisement.

If BKT ruined your hair, I would say another type will not assist in the recovery. Have to go old school with it, I would think. Deep condition, protein treatments, cut, where necessary. I'm sorry you're having this struggle.

Have you had it done before professionally? I suppose unless you had a first hand experience of trying it out I wouldn't suggest it because researching it and then experiencing it is two different things.

I agree with the bolded. But what's tempting me is that I was about to try the treatment at a salon for ~$90/treatment, and they recommend 3 treatments ( (I would evaluate the results of the first before deciding on additional ones), a week apart for full results. So I figure if I buy this, it's not only cheaper, but if I don't like it I can sell it!

Here's a link to the FAQs from the official website:

http://www.nanokeratin.com/FAQ.html

NOTE: do not confuse with "www.nanokeratinusa.com", <-----This process is a BKT.

Last edited:
The why is just that my hair is breaking at such a terrifying rate that I'm desperate, and therefore not very rational (will try to post picture tonight). That's why I need some unbiased advice.

I've done conventional protein treatments (and moisture as needed) and I haven't seen dramatic improvement yet. The only thing that helped a little has been the CREDE ID ppt treatment I did last week: breakage has somewhat slowed down. BKT is out of the question for now--In fact, it's what started this (I blame the excessive heat I used for the damage I'm experiencing on my relaxed ends).

What got me excited about this treatment is the fact that smaller protein chains are more likely to repair tiny cracks in the hair, also the 2nd step is different from other treatment--It helps keep the keratin in place (kind of like the way formaldehyde polymerizes the keratin in the BKT).

I've read tons of reviews, mostly on caucasian hair, mostly from New Zealand and Australia where the treatment is very popular. Most people are happy with the results.

So, I don't know...:perplexed

To the bold, if that is your state of mind right now then the last thing you need to do is try some new expensive never-before used experiment. If your hair is breaking like you say, then according to my hair mentor, it is severely damaged and will have to be cut until you get all the damaged hair off your head.
Why not just do regular protein treatments, deep conditioning and protective styling until you get the breakage under control.

To the bold, if that is your state of mind right now then the last thing you need to do is try some new expensive never-before used experiment. I have to agree with this...

If your hair is breaking like you say, then according to my hair mentor, it is severely damaged and will have to be cut until you get all the damaged hair off your head. ( I'm afraid... :nono:)

Why not just do regular protein treatments, deep conditioning and protective styling until you get the breakage under control. Considering this...

Thank you all for your sound advice.

Please do not waste your money on a quick fix. I think some old school at home techniques would be more effective and cheaper. U do not want to further ruin that's already broken and ruin the hair that is still healthy. Put your wallet away!!

What is the root cause of this breakage? Is it shedding? Have you done something different lately? Let us know?? :sad:

Don't buy it - it's not a well known method amongst the lhcf ladies which is always a sign, plus it sounds like you need a good trim and an aphogee 2 protein thereatment followed a moisturising dc, and some seriously low manipulation hairstyles.

K.I.S.S.

Everyone has given you great advice. You don't need a fancy machine to get your hair on track. Just Relax, put it in a bun for a few days with some moisterizer on the ends.
Then once you have calmed down. Do what everyone has suggested. a protien treatment followed by a moisterizing DC

HHG!!!

If I were you, I'd just invest in a quality protein treatment and deep moisturizing treatments and baby my hair back to health.

So here's my damaged hair (pict taken jan 9). Compare to my avatar picture from November. All the fullness is gone....:nono:

IMG_1709.jpg

Are you sure your hair loss isn't stemming from internal issues such as thyroid, diet, autoimmune disorder, etc? First, you need to figure out what is causing your breakage and shedding. If it's an external factor such as high manipulation, moisture issues, or lack of protein, that can be easily remedied without spending hundreds of dollars.

There is a great thread on repairing damaged hair that I will bump for you. Also, I was wondering if your hair is color-treated. (In your avi, your hair appears to have highlights.)

I think you need to first find the root of the problem. E.g. if the way you're combing your hair is causing the breakage (not saying it is, just an example), and you get this treatment but continue to comb your hair in the same manner, you're probably not going to see any improvement.

If it truly is the BKT heat damage that's causing the breakage, then you may also need to consider cutting the damage off and starting afresh.

What's your current regimen btw?

There is a great thread on repairing damaged hair that I will bump for you. Also, I was wondering if your hair is color-treated. (In your avi, your hair appears to have highlights.)

The highlights are the "natural" result of sun/salt water damage, over-relaxing, etc. I also had some gray when I took that pict. I've done non-permanent rinses (no ammonia, no peroxide) to disguise the gray a little. My relaxed hair cannot withstand the effects of real color treatments (know from past experience).

Could you please provide a link for that thread about damage. I got too many results from my search.

Thank you!

I am sorry to hear you are having these problems. You should consider getting a trim of at least 1 - 2 inches to help to keep your hair from continuing to unravel.

Before you go all out with the nano keratin, you might want to consider this treatment Redken Extreme Fuel treatments http://tinyurl.com/yczlcp5 - I am using it now and it stopped my breakage in it's tracks. PM me and I can give you the details if you are interested. You have clarify first to use a moisture DC after you use the treatment.

The highlights are the "natural" result of sun/salt water damage, over-relaxing, etc. I also had some gray when I took that pict. I've done non-permanent rinses (no ammonia, no peroxide) to disguise the gray a little. My relaxed hair cannot withstand the effects of real color treatments (know from past experience).

Could you please provide a link for that thread about damage. I got too many results from my search.

Thank you!

Here's the link: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35278

I am sorry to hear you are having these problems. You should consider getting a trim of at least 1 - 2 inches to help to keep your hair from continuing to unravel.

Before you go all out with the nano keratin, you might want to consider this treatment Redken Extreme Fuel treatments http://tinyurl.com/yczlcp5 - I am using it now and it stopped my breakage in it's tracks. PM me and I can give you the details if you are interested. You have clarify first to use a moisture DC after you use the treatment.

Uh, AJJ ... I wanna know the "details" too :look:. Pretty please?!

i was going to reccomendation AO GBP poo/condish as they are a nice balance of moisture and protein. The condish you could do as a pre-poo on dry hair under dryer, then shampoo, then condition again. maybe cut off 1-2inches for right now and do some protective styling (half wigs, braids, wigs, weave). Moisturize and sealing is a must several times a week or maybe even daily.

Well knowing me and my PJ-ism, I would buy it. I had similar breakage happen to me a couple years ago but it was because I fell off my regimen and decided I had good hair that didn't nee all the protective low mani styling.

But listen to the rational LHCF ladies although ONE member has used it and we're about due a new bandwagon if you can afford it:look:

BTW: This is a variation of the BKT, it was what was available in the salons in the UK before the widespread BKT.

Last edited:
ok gotta say this-

TANAGRA NANOKERATIN IS NOT A BKT.
Tanagra is uses to premantley rebuild cappileries using keratin mist. The worst it can do to your hair is absolutely nothing, it doesnt straighten hair, it doesnt use heat. It just introduces keratin to your which is then polymerized into the hair.
Ive had this done and find it does soften the hair. It actually need to be done a few times. I personally reccommend it, and just because people on this board havent heard of it doesnt mean it not popular. They have it in salons all round england. Oh and it different from a regular protiens treatment for two reasons- one: its polymerized into the strand making it permant. two: the molecules are tiny so actually can be absorbed into the fissures in the hair.

ANyway,

Hope that helps,

D

I would get it! I was trying to find a place that sold it, it looks like it's easy to use, and since it's non bkt if your relaxed it's safe. I'm not into the bkt treatments because your still using heavy chemicals i'll stick with relaxers,

but yeah get this if you can at a good price. if you like it start doing the treatments on your friends ;) extra money.

Back