NAME GREAT RELAXERS WHICH LEAVES HAIR WITH BODY

Nanyanika

For my next relaxer i'm hoping to switch from silk elements lye because it makes my hair too flat. could you please list any relaxers you may have used which leaves hair with good amount of body. thanks

ORS Olive oil regular.

This relaxer seems to leave my hair with a lot of body, i only leave it in for 10 minutes. I've seen other ladies on the site using this and they seem to have a lot of body too, there was actually one fokti that inspired me to choose this relaxer, she went natural and i lost her fokti address though:( she had amzing body:eek: .HTH

queenbee8687 said:
ORS Olive oil regular.

This relaxer seems to leave my hair with a lot of body, i only leave it in for 10 minutes. I've seen other ladies on the site using this and they seem to have a lot of body too, there was actually one fokti that inspired me to choose this relaxer, she went natural and i lost her fokti address though:( she had amzing body:eek: .HTH
is it lye version? thank-you

I just used Optimum Care Bodifying Relaxer (no lye) and I adore it. My hair's so soft and full. I told myself I would never switch again, but that ORS perm is now callin my name :p

den1 said:
For my next relaxer i'm hoping to switch from silk elements lye because it makes my hair too flat. could you please list any relaxers you may have used which leaves hair with good amount of body. thanks

Den, you are right about the SE. SE straightens well but it does live up to its name SILK. I love the relaxing part but it does have a cumulative effect the more it is used....resulting in hair really flat,skinny strands with an "Indian" look. I prefer a coarser look/feel. I'm going to keep up with the responses. Maybe VITALE {BEAUTIFULWIDEEYES uses it with great results}, it was my second option?

Last edited:
BrooklynSouth said:
Den, you are right about the SE. SE straightens well but it does live up to its name SILK. I love the relaxing part but it does have a cumulative effect the more it is used....resulting in hair really flat,skinny strands with an "Indian" look. I prefer a coarser look/feel. I'm going to keep up with the responses. Maybe VITALE {BEAUTIFULWIDEEYES uses it with great results}, it was my second option?
girl you are soo on point...i've used SE three times and my hair is like fine indian hair, i don't mind my hair looking like that but with more body. I pm'd beauitful, yesterday about the vitale, i'm just trying to get more varied opinion.

tiffers said:
I just used Optimum Care Bodifying Relaxer (no lye) and I adore it. My hair's so soft and full. I told myself I would never switch again, but that ORS perm is now callin my name :p
how long did you leave optimum on for? i've heard soo much about ORS too

shunta said:
Den, what about the SE mild? Did you ever try that one?
Hi Shunta, i've never used SE mild, if it could leave my hair with extra body and process it properly them that would be great. i usually leave my regular strength SE on for 22 minutes.

den1 said:

PHYTOspecific Type II & Motions: Herbal Salon

For my last relaxer, I self relaxed with Vitale Mo Body (after stalking LHCF) :look: and LOVED IT. The body was unbelievable.:eek: I used Mizani in the past and decided to try something new because of the flat effect it was giving my hair. I know it works wonders for others, it just wasn't my friend:( .....I'm with Vitale all the way!:)

bmoreflyygirl said:
Mizani for fine thin hair worked for me. I was able to wash and go.

I cosign with this one....I love me some Mizani. It does wonders for my thick new growth but fine relaxed hair. It gives me a lot of body and swang:lol:

Den if you liek the way it makes your hair feel, you could 1. leave it on shorter or 2. go with the mild. It seems like you like the way it works with your texture.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Mizani for fine thin hair worked for me. I was able to wash and go.

yup this is what i use and it gives me the body i have been searching for! that pic in my siggty is when i used silk elements mild..i hated it!

I always used ORS no lye and perhaps my hair was too used to it , it started feeling dry. Anyway, Creme of Nature was on sale at Target for $3 . So, I bought it and WOW!!!

Can't stop touching my hair - would post pictures but I am on the " Hide your hair till April" Challenge:perplexed

tocthesunrise said:
For my last relaxer, I self relaxed with Vitale Mo Body (after stalking LHCF) :look: and LOVED IT. The body was unbelievable.:eek: I used Mizani in the past and decided to try something new because of the flat effect it was giving my hair. I know it works wonders for others, it just wasn't my friend:( .....I'm with Vitale all the way!:)

The Vitale Mo Boby is no lye-right?

InnerSoul said:
ORS normal/regular no-lye. I love this!
i went out two days ago and bought the ORS lye, now i'm not sure if i made the right choice especially since i'm won't be relaxing for at least 6 months as i'm on the c and g method.

tocthesunrise said:
congrats on your results, iwas contemplating using vitale mo body, but i'm gonna try ORS lye first and hopefully i will love it.

LocksOfLuV said:
Den if you liek the way it makes your hair feel, you could 1. leave it on shorter or 2. go with the mild. It seems like you like the way it works with your texture.
yeah, i love how it makes my hair feel and it does work with my texture, maybe i'm using the wrong timing guide for my hair type..i dunno girl, i just bought the ORS one the other day. i can't decide!!!!!!!which one

dlewis said:
I use Lady Velvet and my hair always has lots of body.

I really want to try this. I bought a tub of it and never used it beause I never hear people mention it.

den1 said:

Den what about Design Essentials? They sell it on ebay. I'm thinking about changing from SE "lye" relaxer as well. I believe it reverts too quick. I was wondering the same thing; what relaxer should I switch too and then I thought of Design Essentials. Lala raves about it.

Anyone know about Vitale Life and Body?? I'm thinking it's the lye version of the Vitale Mo Body...but not sure...

I saw this in the BSS the yesterday and almost bought it. I'm thinking of switching from my beloved Affirm Mild. 1) Because it's very expensive for a tub of the mild Lye Affirm (I pay $48 for a tub of it). 2) The tub will expire before I can use even half of it. 3)I'm hoping to find something that gives me the body I desire with a slightly straighter texture.

Anyway any opinions on Vitale Life and Body would be much appreciated.

Back