Nachals, how do you combat stiff, dry feeling hair?

I wet daily....If you see my siggy pic my hair was as dry as all get out :nono: but thats because I used oil and serum...and this curl defning creme from kenra. Today my hair is as soft as ever because I used conditioner only as a leave in and no other styling product. The wetter my hair is with the conditoner, the softer it dries. I tried doing other things besides the conditoner to see if it worked for my hair but it doesnt.

Stiff dry feeling hair to me means that it doesn't have enough deep down moisture - I up my DC's and use more intense DC's until my hair feels moist. The 'toppers' I consider to be add-on's, just supplementing my hair's normal moisture level.

I think if you have hard water, daily wetting could be a bad thing.

I think daily wetting can cause that stiff dry feeling if you let it airdry immediately after wetting it. After wetting it, towel dry it really good, and then apply a good moisturizer/leave-in, and then style.

For me it's sealing my hair right after I wash it with Castor oil (I don't add any additional moisturizing leave ins, they never work for me) and also never air drying my hair 'out' I always put it in twists or braids or something to air dry or else it becomes matted and dry (unless I wash my hair daily.. which I'm too lazy to do.)

I think daily wetting can cause that stiff dry feeling if you let it airdry immediately after wetting it. After wetting it, towel dry it really good, and then apply a good moisturizer/leave-in, and then style.

I'm the opposite. If I towel dry, I will wind up with a dry, frizzy mess, and then add products:nono:

I have to add products or like Bills said, leave some conditioner to soaking wet hair.

Back