My whole head is baggied under my wig!

• Thread starter Thread starter chica_canella
  • Start date Start date
C

chica_canella

Ok, yall. I didn't mean to do it. But my hair felt so dry last night so I was going to wash it out in the morning but i wasn't able to because I was running late so I just tighten the plastic shower cap up (it's really thin anyway) put my stocking cap on and then my wig and left the house.

I didn't mean to but I did because I was rushing. I was worrying about it being to hot or moisture underneath but I use MTG which gets rid of bacteria and will wash it out when I get home so it should be okay. I am doing ok, I barely know I have it under my wig.

Anyone else made a mistake and did this before?:look:

I've done this before but it wasn't a mistake...nothings going to happen, it's just like bagging a ponytail...

Can you tell me exactly what the baggie method is? Do you use a certain kind of moisturizer or oil? Sorry.:perplexed ...the seach engine for this question in not helpful.

Thanks.

I used to do this ALL the time under my scarves and hats. It felt like I really penetrated the hair, and I really liked that. I actually forgot all about it, but I will re-start soon!

LJewel said:
Can you tell me exactly what the baggie method is? Do you use a certain kind of moisturizer or oil? Sorry.:perplexed ...the seach engine for this question in not helpful.

Thanks.

Well, the baggy method is when you moisturize your ends with a water based moisturizer, then use an ouchless tie or something that won't take your hair out and then you take a bag (some people put moisturizer in the bag) and then put your pony tail in the bag and use another ouchless band to secure it and wrap the bag around. You can cover it with a hair piece or something else or use serenitybreeze's method.

Some people put moisturizer all over their head and then put their wig on top, which is what I did.

But make sure it is water based or that it actually moisturizes and infuses moisture in your shaft or strands and just doesn't coat them with oil. Oil is used to seal the moisture in.:)

I do this all the time over my cornrolls and then just roll out with the fall. I noticed a bunch of growth when I did this consistently!

chica_canella said:
Ok, yall. I didn't mean to do it. But my hair felt so dry last night so I was going to wash it out in the morning but i wasn't able to because I was running late so I just tighten the plastic shower cap up (it's really thin anyway) put my stocking cap on and then my wig and left the house.

I didn't mean to but I did because I was rushing. I was worrying about it being to hot or moisture underneath but I use MTG which gets rid of bacteria and will wash it out when I get home so it should be okay. I am doing ok, I barely know I have it under my wig.

lol girl get outta my head!!! I literally JUST thought about trying this! Great minds lol. :D One question though.... how do you scratch through all those layers if you get a case of the itchies? :eek: :confused: :p

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
lol girl get outta my head!!! I literally JUST thought about trying this! Great minds lol. :D One question though.... how do you scratch through all those layers if you get a case of the itchies? :eek: :confused: :p

Ok. you are going to laugh but I just had a bobby pin and stuck it in there. All I did was punch through the bag and wiggled it around a bit. It didn't effect my hair at all.:)

WhipEffectz1 said:
I do this all the time over my cornrolls and then just roll out with the fall. I noticed a bunch of growth when I did this consistently!

Good I am glad to know I;m not the only one. And hopefully i'll get growth with it.

I have done this before intentionally. At the time, I didn't have a wig cap and I didn't want my hair to break off from the wig.

Elasta QP Mango Butter

Just using this as a reminder to myself of a good moisturizing product recommended by a member.

chica_canella said:

I did it on purpose today.
I took it off when I got home
and i will baggie all night too. I will do it again tomorrow

Last edited:
chica_canella said:

I do this on purpose and I don't experience any problems. I always wear a baggy under my 1/2 wig during the day and then take it off at night. Yeah that is a great way to get my hair moisturized during the day

I have heard wonderful things about baggying the ends, and I do it myself and my ends have never felt better and break less. BUT I don't know about baggying the entire head. I know for sure that the scalp cannot be moist for long periods of time otherwise it becomes a viable enviornment for fungus/bacteria and other issues to grow and call lead to increase shedding and balding. So unless your full head baggy method limits constant moisture to the scalp then I don't see any reason for concern, but in either case, you should use caution and just keep an eye on the condition of your scalp :)

I used some Shea Butter by Palmers last night on my hair because I didn't have a moisturizer. It was water-based of course. I moisturized it but not as good as a real moisturizer would've.:look:

Ok.... just a word to the wise... if you got a massive loose bush going on.... then you put on a plastic cap.... then a wig cap....... then a short tapered wig.....

:look: :p :lachen: It ain't gon work. :lachen: :p :look:

Don't ask. :p :lol:

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Ok.... just a word to the wise... if you got a massive loose bush going on.... then you put on a plastic cap.... then a wig cap....... then a short tapered wig.....

:look: :p :lachen: It ain't gon work. :lachen: :p :look:

Don't ask. :p :lol:

i believe you. i could hardly get my big head under the wig without a cap and stuff on.:lol:

I use to do this a 1 1/2 yrs ago and I got good growth from it. I baggy now every night and all day Saturday and Sunday. I definitely will be baggying under my wig again because I am concerned about breakage as my hair grows and rubbed out edges. Thanks for the reminder

I started back doing this and my hair is thanking me. My hair is staying moisturized and it not dry/rough to the touch....whole head baggying rocks!:yep:

girl I do that like once a week. I put conditioner in my hair afer I cowash it and leave it in under a plastic cap, put on a doo rag and put on my head wrap (2 yards of fabric from the fabric store) and go to work, then the gym and back home and wash it out later that night.

I do this all the time. It's never a mistake. I really mean to baggy my whole head under hats, headwraps.... I'm yet to do the wig, and when I do, you can bet your bottom dollar that leaving the plastic cap on under the wig will not be a mistake.

This sounds like a great idea...I'm buying a wig in a couple of weeks, so thanks for the info...But I have a ?. Does it get hot underneath the baggy? I mean I guess it's the same as wearing a wig cap...But how do you keep the baggy from slipping or peeking through underneath the wig?

Back