My Wash n' Go Curly Puff

blackbarbie

O.K. so I couldn't resist the urge to wash my hair less than a week after my BC. I am posting pics of my wash n' go curly puff. This is day 3 but it actually looks better as it gets older.

After shampooing, I used Rusk Smoother Leave In Conditioner as well as Garnier Fructis Leave In Conditioner and sealed with coconut oil. The first day after adding all of this, I sprayed it with S-Curl. The S-Curl keeps it moisturized from day to day. I spritz it each morning with a water/conditioner/s-curl mixture to bring it back to life.

I do believe all the realxed ends are gone however, there are some parts of my hair in the back that are completely straight and some parts on the side that are a little more "wavy" as opposed to curly. There are some parts in the very back middle that form perfect coils that go "boing"!!!! (I wish everything was evenly distributed like this)

I don't know about the straight parts and how it's growing in like that. I don't think it's heat damage as I don't use heat that often. I have to work extra hard to scrunch it and make it curl:ohwell:

The very first pic is a true color of my hair. I didn't change settings on the camera or anything but the remaining pics have a strange color/tint to them.

P.S.....Excuse the tag hanging off my dress!:ohwell: I had just gotten in from shopping today and was trying on the clothes and thought I would get the hair pics taken while I was thinking about it. I did tuck in it later (as evidenced in the other pics)

16gikug.jpg

2lxghth.jpg

o6mzaf.jpg

Last edited:
I really love your hair. I thought it was gorgeous when it was relaxed and it is equally beautiful natural.

Your hair is absolutely beautiful! BTW...your "puff" is not my "puff" Yours actually looks like a curly/wavy ponytail. :lick: Yum.

I'm jelly of yer hair!

Gorgeous...thanks for posting!!

cj

Your hair is absolutely beautiful! BTW...your "puff" is not my "puff" Yours actually looks like a curly/wavy ponytail. :lick: Yum.

I'm jelly of yer hair!

Gorgeous...thanks for posting!!

cj

Thanks! I wish I knew what to do to make it "rounder" so it looks like a real puff! I have seen some of the puffs on the board that are to die for. This my my best version:ohwell:

I have one of the huge bands on it that I have doubled. Using that (instead of a regular ponytail holder) allows the hair to spread out a little bit more and not be bound as tight as a regular ponytail holder. I put it on the very front and slide it back gradually until it won't go anymore.

BB

:wow: Just gorgeous!

Girl, I believe you've passed the puff stage and are straight into pony territory :yep:

Back